4/02/2016

Night cherry blossoms

We went to the park near our house last night.

There are a lot of cherry blossoms there and they were already in full bloom.

Cherry blossoms are illuminated only during the blooming season.

My children and I went there to see the night cherry blossoms for the first time last year, it was really beautiful.

My husband was not able to go with us because he was working last year when we saw the night cherry blossoms, so I wanted him to see the beautiful views this year.


There were a lot of cherry‐blossom viewers there.

They were really fantastic and beautiful!


Since my husband likes taking photos, so he was absorbed in taking photos of cherry blossoms.

My 7-year-old son got a digital camera as his birthday present last January from my mother, so he was also absorbed in taking photos.

My 5-year-old daughter was jealous of people who were having a party under the cherry blossom.

 
She said:

"I envy them! I want to eat like them!"

"You already finished dinner at home just now!"

She seems "花より団子(Bread is better than the songs of birds ; more practically minded, less interested in beauty and nature and more concerned with the practicalities of life)".


I told my husband:

"When we get old, let's come here again and drink beer while watching Sakura."

"You only want to drink beer, don't you?"

"Oh, am I busted?"

We laughed together.

It was a nice night for us.



~*~*~*  Note ~*~*~*
 
I will not able to enter my entries here for about a week
b
ecause I need to focus on my review for the TOEIC.
I will write my diary after the test, so please visit here again!
 

Thank you(^o^) for reading this article!
If you enjoy it, please click the button below and vote me!
I will be encouraged by you.

にほんブログ村 英語ブログ 英語の日記(英語のみ)へ

2 comments:

  1. Hello Kumi-san,

    The Sakura viewing sound like it was fun, I hope you and your son were able to get all the photographs you wished to get. When I was a child I could eat and eat so I have some sympathy for your daughter who would rather concern herself with food and let the nature before her take a back seat. The Sakura lasts a short time and she can get food at almost anytime :).

    One thing I wonder about is do people collect the Sakura blossom and make their own Sakura tea and flavorings?

    I wish you success with your TOEIC test, but given the level of English writing on your blog, you will probably pass it easily.

    This line:
    My husband was not able to go with us because he worked, so I wanted him to see the beautiful views this year.

    Should be:
    My husband was not able to go with us because he was working, so I wanted him to see the beautiful views this year.

    This line:
    Since my husband likes taking photos, so he was absorbed in taking photos of cherry blossoms.

    Question: In the above line it sounds as if your husband is busy taking photos of the cherry blossoms, but you said previously he was working? If you mean you husband will be absorbed in the photos you took then I would rewrite as:

    Since my husband likes taking photos, he will be interested in the photos of the cherry blossoms.

    This line:
    She seems "花より団子(Bread is better than the songs of birds).

    Note: The nearest phrase we have to this is "more practically minded, less interested in beauty and nature and more concerned with the practicalities of life"

    This line:
    "When we got old, let's come here again and drink beer while watching Sakura."

    Should be:
    "When we get old, let's come here again and drink beer while watching Sakura."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Terry!
      Thank you for the corrections again.

      >One thing I wonder about is do people collect the Sakura blossom and make their own Sakura tea and flavorings?

      I've not seen such people who are collecting Cherry blossoms.
      But I think some do because there is a recipe of salted cherry blossoms.

      It is used for Japanese sweets.
      (In fact, I don't like it very much.)

      Question: In the above line it sounds as if your husband is busy taking photos of the cherry blossoms, but you will be absorbed in the photos you took then I would rewrite as:

      Sorry, it was last year that my husband was working.

      I rewrote the sentence:



      My husband was not able to go with us because he was working last year when we saw the night cherry blossoms, so I wanted him to see the beautiful views this year.

      Thank you so much!


      Delete