4/10/2016

The TOEIC test

My husband and I took the TOEIC test yesterday.

It was difficult for me.

To get more than 800 points was my target for this test, but it might be difficult.

My husband said:

"Voices still sound blurry with my left ear though I recovered my middle ear infection. But it is just an excuse. I could catch any words if the dialogue had been read in Japanese."

"It means we need to study English more! Actually, the test ended when I was reading the last question. So I answered it randomly. I couldn't finish answering all the questions last time, too. Furthermore, I am not sure if I could answer the questions correctly even in Part 1 though it is the easiest part."

I told him.

"Anyway, we will keep studying English and let's try to take the test again."

We told each other.



After the test, we went to my hometown since I asked my parents to take care of our children while we took the test.

The spring festival was held in my hometown yesterday. so we stopped by the city hall to see it.

There were Six Dashi (floats) there.


 Ohayashi and drum sounds made me excited.

My husband told me:

"I want to see them after those lights are turned on."

I considered our future schedules and told him:

"OK!"

We stopped by the supermarcket on our way to my parent's house and bought our dinner.

We reached my parent's house and had dinner with my parents and children.

Then my husband and I went to see the floats again.

They were very beautiful!



When we were going home, I missed the floats.

Whenever the spring festival ends, I miss the floats because I recall my old days.

See you next year!


Note:

I finished the TOEIC test, but I will be busy studying for my job for a while, so I might not be able to write my blog so often.

But I promise I'll come back.

Thank you(^o^) for reading this article!
If you enjoy it, please click the button below and vote me!
I will be encouraged by you.

にほんブログ村 英語ブログ 英語の日記(英語のみ)へ


2 comments:

  1. Hello Kumi-san,

    I hope you and your husband got the results you wanted from your test.

    The Dashi floats look very impressive I did not know that Dashi also means float as I only knew the meaning for a (stock/broth/seasoning). So I learned something new :)

    Here are the list of issues found with the rest of the post:

    This line:
    To get more than 800 points was my target of this test, but it might be difficult.

    Should be:
    To get more than 800 points was my target for this test, but it might be difficult.

    Reason: My (target/goal) (was to/for x) is a common form of phrase in English.

    Examples:

    My goal was to lose weight this year.
    My target was to get a score of 300 on the test.
    My target for this year is to find more Mr Doughnuts and eat them!
    I had the goal of listening to more English language broadcasts.

    This line:
    My husband said;

    Should be:
    My husband said:

    This line:
    "Voices sound still blurry with my left ear tough I recovered my otitis media. But it is just an excuse. I could catch any words if the dialogue would be read in Japanese."

    Should be:
    "Voices still sound blurry with my left ear though I recovered from my middle ear infection. But it is just an excuse. I could catch any words if the dialogue had been read in Japanese."

    Reason: Made multiple corrections to the above the main one is that Otitis Media is a very medical term and is much more likely to be said as middle ear infection. The other corrections were just word order and substitutions to make the sentence sound a little more natural.

    This line:
    "It means we need to study English more! Actually, the test ended when I was reading the last question. So I answered it randomly. I couldn't finish answering all the questions last time, too. Furthermore, I am not sure if I could answer the questions correctly even Part 1 though it is the easiest part."

    Should be:
    "It means we need to study English more! Actually, the test ended when I was reading the last question. So I answered it randomly. I couldn't finish answering all the questions last time, too. Furthermore, I am not sure if I could answer the questions correctly even in Part 1 though it is the easiest part."

    This line:
    "Anyway, we keep studying English and let's try to take it again."

    Should be:
    "Anyway, we will keep studying English and let's try to take the test again."

    This line:
    The spring festival was held in my hometown yesterday. so we stopped by the city hall to see it.

    Should be:
    The spring festival was held in my hometown yesterday, so we stopped by the city hall to see it.

    This line:
    Ohayasi and drum sounds made me excited.

    Question: After researching on Google it seems that in English Ohayasi is always spelled Ohayashi. Google even tried to correct me when I entered the text the other way.

    Here's a link to the results I got:

    https://goo.gl/5E9fd0

    Again if you know for certain that is the correct way to spell it in English then please ignore that above :)

    This line:
    "I want to see them after those lights turns on."

    Should be:
    "I want to see them after those lights are turned on."

    Or:
    "I want to see them after the lights are turned on.

    This line:
    I considered our forward schedules and told him:

    Should be:
    I considered our future schedules and told him:

    Or:
    I considered our schedules and told him:

    This line:
    We stopped by the supermarcket on our way to my parent's house and buy our dinner.

    Should be:
    We stopped by the supermarket on our way to my parent's house and bought our dinner.

    Or:
    We stopped by the supermarket on our way to my parent's house to buy our dinner.

    This line:
    We reached my parent's house and had dinner with my parents and chidren.

    Should be:
    We reached my parent's house and had dinner with my parents and children.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Terry!
      Thank you for your correction.
      And I am sorry I am still not able to review your previous corrections.

      We write Dashi "山車" in Kanji.
      How to read the Kanji is a little unusual.

      Question: After researching on Google it seems that in English Ohayasi is always spelled Ohayashi. Google even tried to correct me when I entered the text the other way.

      Shi and si are both corrects.
      But since I don't want to confuse readers about it, I changed the spelling.

      Thank you so much!

      Delete