8/07/2016

Can you do me a favor?

I went to work yesterday.

When I was about to leave home at 8:50am, my children and husband were still sleeping.

I woke my husband up and asked him:

"I will come home after 5:30am, so could you make dinner?"

"Yeah, OK."

He answered.


When I came home at 6pm, my lower back was hurt and I was tired.

My 7-year-old son came and told me:

"Dad hasn't made dinner yet!"

"Really?"

I said and looked at my husband who was folding the laundry.

I asked him again:

"Can you make dinner? I will fold the laundry. You don't know where to put them away, do you? If you keep doing that, I will have to put them away. It is only extra work for me!"

"YOU make dinner, PLEASE! I will finish doing this."

He said.

"Unbelievable! I asked you! OK, forget it. I will make dinner."

He had not washed the bathtub and dishes which were used for breakfast.

I was really irritated.

He often doen't do the tasks which I have asked him.

Maybe it was because he thought it troublesome.

And he might think that I would do them even if  he didn't do them.

I think it is unfair.

He always comes home at midnight on weekdays, so I can't depend on him and I do all of housework and take care of our children alone.

I want him to do housework when I go to work and he takes a day off.

Of course I thanked him to fold the laundry, but what I wanted him to do was make the dinner.

He prepares meals only a few times a year.

After all, I made dinner, washed the bathtub, and put laundry away.

The Bon dance festival was held at the park near our house last night, so my 6-year-old daughter told me:

"Let's go to the festival, mom!"

"Sorry, I can't go. I am exhausted. Please ask your dad."

My husband took them to the festival.

He takes care of our children well, but I want him to help me more when he takes a day off.



Thank you(^o^) for reading this article!
If you enjoy it, please click the button below and vote me!
I will be encouraged by you.

にほんブログ村 英語ブログ 英語の日記(英語のみ)へ

2 comments:

  1. Hello Kumi-san,

    Sorry to hear that you had to do more work than you expected when you got home. They say that food always tastes better however when it is food you make yourself. Although I understand that this is little consolation :)

    Here is a list of some of the issues found in the rest of the post:

    This line:
    When I came home at 6pm, my lower back hurted and I was tired.

    Should be:
    When I came home at 6pm, my lower back (hurt/was hurting) and I was tired.

    Reason: Removed "hurted" as this is not a valid word. Changed it to "hurt/was hurting"

    This line:
    I said and looked at him who was folding the laundry.

    Should be:
    I said and looked at my husband who was folding the laundry.

    Reason: Changed "him who was" to "my husband" as this is clearer and sounds a little less old fashioned.

    This line:
    "Can you make dinner? I will fold laundry. You don't know where they put them away, don't you? If you keep doing that, I will have to put them away. It is only an extra work for me!"

    Should be:
    "Can you make dinner? I will fold the laundry. You don't know where to put them away, (do you/anyway)? If you keep doing that, I will have to put them away. It is only extra work for me!"

    Reason: 1. Changed "fold laundry" to "fold the laundry". 2. Changed "they put" to "where to put". 3. Changed "don't you" to (do you/anyway). 4. Changed "an extra" to "extra".

    This line:
    He often didn't do the tasks which I asked him.

    Should be:
    He often does not do the tasks which I (have asked of him/ask him to do/have asked him to do).

    This line:
    He always comes home midnight weekdays, so I can't depend on him and I do all of housework and take care of our children alone.

    Should be:
    He always comes home (at) midnight (on) weekdays, so I can't depend on him and I do all of housework and take care of our children alone.

    This line:
    Of course I thank him to fold laundry, but what I want him to do is making dinner.

    Should be:
    Of course I thanked him for folding the laundry, but what I wanted him to do was make the dinner.

    Reason: Many filler words added and tense of some words changed to make them sound more natural.

    This line:
    After all, I made dinner, wash the bathtub, and put laundry away.

    Should be:
    After all, I made dinner, washed the bathtub, and put the laundry away.

    Reason: Added filler word "the".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for a lot of corrections Terry!

      Delete