8/31/2016

The last day of his summer vacation

It was the last day of my 7-year-old son's summer vacation yesterday.

He finally finished his homework in the morning.

He also studied math.

I decided that I let him do what he wanted to do.

After finishing study, he played games using my iPad.

I asked him:

"What do you want to eat for lunch?"

"I want to eat Ramen!"

We went to his most favorite ramen restaurant.

We enjoyed eating ramen very much.

 
He ate kid's lunch.



After lunch, we came home and watched the movie of Harry Potter.

After that, he said:

"I want to go to catch insects!"

We went to the shrine and the park near our house and he caught a dragonfly.

It was a windy but comfortable day.

My 6-year-old dauhgter will enter the elementary school next year, so it was the last day which we spend a day only with my son and me.

I always feel lonely when the last day of the summer vacation.

I will recall today which we enjoyed together after he grow up.


Thank you(^o^) for reading this article!
If you enjoy it, please click the button below and vote me!
I will be encouraged by you.

にほんブログ村 英語ブログ 英語の日記(英語のみ)へ


1 comment:

  1. Hello Kumi-san,

    Ramen and a movie sounds like a fun time to have with your son. Not so sure about the insect capturing though as that sounds like too much physical activity for me. :)

    Here is a list of other issues found with the rest of the post:

    This line:
    I decided that I let him do what he wanted to do.

    Should be:
    I decided that I would let him do what he wanted to do.

    Or:
    I decided to let him do what he wanted.

    This line:
    After finishing study, he played games using my iPad.

    Should be:
    After finishing his studies, he played games using my iPad.

    This line:
    After lunch, we came home and watched the movie of Harry Potter.

    Should be:
    After lunch, we came home and watched the movie Harry Potter.

    Reason: When explaining that you watched a movie and you reference the movies name you generally do not need to add the word "of" before the movie name.

    Examples:

    I watched the movie Gremlins.
    The movie Gremlins is funny but scary!

    There is a situation where you would use "of" when mentioning who made the movie:

    For example:

    Gremlins was a movie (by/of) director Joe Dante.
    Joe Dante direction of the Gremlins movies was very skillful.

    This line:
    My 6-year-old dauhgter will enter the elementary school next year, so it was the last day which we spend a day only with my son and me.

    Should be:
    My 6-year-old daughter will enter the elementary school next year, so it was the last day on which only me and my son will be alone together.

    Reason: "Alone together" although it seems to be a contradictory, it means that you are with another person. It generally is used when referencing two people but it can be more people. It is very confusing but is very common. Also corrected various word order issues and fixed a spelling mistake.

    This line:
    I always feel lonely when the last day of the summer vacation.

    Should be:
    I always feel lonely when the last day of the summer vacation (arrives/comes around).

    Or:
    I always feel lonely on the last day of the summer vacation.

    This line:
    I will recall today which we enjoyed together after he grow up.

    Should be:
    I will recall this enjoyable day which we enjoyed together after he grows up.

    Reason: Changed the wording of the sentence to sound more natural and changes grow to grows.

    ReplyDelete