2/15/2016

Hina-arare ひなあられ

I asked my mother to come home and take care of my 7-year-old son yesterday because I have to go to work.

When I came home with my 5-year-old daughter in the evening, his temperature had already gone down.

My daughter said:

"I want to eat the Hina-arare!"

"Hina-arare (bite-sized rice crackers) is an offering to Hina-dolls. You can eat it on March 3rd, because the Girls festival (Hina-matsuri) is on that day."



I explained the reason why she should wait until eating them.

"Oh no! I can't wait!"

She likes Hina-arare very much.

I heard that it tastes different in each region.

Those which I had bought so far included sugar or soy sauce tastes.

In fact, I told her the same explanation last year, but she asked me whether she was able to eat it every day or not.

At last, I allowed her to eat it before March 3rd because I couldn't be bothered to explain the reason to her every day.

How long will she be able to put up with eating Hina-arare this year?



Thank you(^o^) for reading this article!
If you enjoy it, please click the button below and vote me!
I will be encouraged by you.

にほんブログ村 英語ブログ 英語の日記(英語のみ)へ

2 comments:

  1. Hello Kumi-san,

    Interesting read, I was not sure what rice crackers were so I did a google search the Osenbei style rice crackers look very appetizing though I could not tell if they are the same as the bitesize ones. They look very similar to popcorn.

    Here is a list of some of the issues found with the post:

    This line:
    When I came home with my 5-year-old daughter in the evening, his temperature had already went down.

    Should be:
    When I came home with my 5-year-old daughter in the evening, his temperature had already gone down.

    This line:
    "Hina-arare (bite-sized rice crackers) is offering to Hina-dolls. You can eat it on March 3rd, because the Girls festival (Hina-matsuri) is on that day."

    Should be:
    "Hina-arare (bite-sized rice crackers) is an offering to Hina-dolls. You can eat it on March 3rd, because the Girls festival (Hina-matsuri) is on that day."


    This line:
    I explained the reason why she should wait for eating it.

    Should be:
    I explained the reason why she should wait until eating them.

    This line:
    I heard that its taste is different in each regions.

    Should be:
    I heard that it tastes different in each region.

    This line:
    In fact, I told her the same explanation last year, but she asked me whether she was able to eat it or not every day.

    Should be:
    In fact, I told her the same explanation last year, but she asked me whether she was able to eat it everyday or not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Terry.
      I corrected them.
      Fortunately, my daughter is able to wait until eating them.
      But she says "I can't wait for March 3rd every day!

      Delete