2/18/2016

A severe but common treatment of Japanese companies

I sent a text message 2 days ago to a friend who was my classmate in high school.

She told me that her family purchased a new house and they would move there in December, so I told her that I would like to visit her new house with another friend if she finished unpacking.

They are my best friends, but all of us are mothers and have a job, so we don't have much opportunity to meet.

Actually it was last year in January when we met last time.

She replied that she has not finished unpacking yet because her husband was transferred to Tokyo after they purchased the new house.

I thought I experienced this as well.

Because my husband was also transferred to Tokyo after we purchased our house 8 years ago.

He bought our house two months before we got married.

Six months later, he got a transfer order.

I couldn't believe it, I had just started working.

Since we had not had a child, I decided to quit my job and follow him unwillingly.

At a result, we lived in Tokyo for 2 years.

Our Tokyo life was really fun, my son was born during our stay and I made friends there.

I still get in touch with some of them.

It is not rare that an employee who has just purchased a new house gets a transfer order in Japanese company, because they take out a housing loan to buy a house and have a duty of loan repayment, so the company thinks that they can't refuse the transfer.

At that time, I blamed his company.

But it was a good opportunity for us to live in Tokyo.

It depends on the situation, but I learned that we need to be opne to new experiences.

It depends on how you look at it.



Thank you(^o^) for reading this article!
If you enjoy it, please click the button below and vote me!
I will be encouraged by you.

にほんブログ村 英語ブログ 英語の日記(英語のみ)へ


2 comments:

  1. Hello Kumi-san,

    Interesting if somewhat annoying read. I am glad you and your husband have a more open mind to being moved around the country by your respective companies. I would not be so understanding.

    Here is a list of some of the issues found with the post:

    This line:
    I sent a text message to a friend who was my classmate of high school 2days ago.

    Should be:
    I sent a text message 2 days ago to a friend who was my classmate in high school.

    Reason: Changed the position of 2 days ago, so as to prevent interpretation of sentence as you were in high school 2 days ago.

    This line:
    She told me that her family purchased a new house and they would move there in December, so I asked her that I would like to visit her new house with another friend if she finished unpacking.

    Should be:
    She told me that her family purchased a new house and they would move there in December, so I told her that I would like to visit her new house with another friend if she finished unpacking.

    This line:
    They are my best friends, but all of us are mothers and have a job, so we don't have much chance to meet.

    Should be:
    They are my best friends, but all of us are mothers and have a job, so we don't have much (chance/opportunity) to meet.

    Reason: chance works in the sentence above but technically opportunity is maybe more appropriate.

    This line:
    I thought this happened again.

    Should be:
    I thought I have experienced this as well.

    This line:
    At a result, we had lived in Tokyo for 2 years.

    Should be:
    At a result, we lived in Tokyo for 2 years.

    This line:
    It is nor rare that an employee who has just purchased a new house gets a transfer order in Japanese company, because they take out a housing loan to buy a house and have a duty of loan repayment, so the company thinks that they can't refuse the transfer.

    Should be:
    It is not rare that an employee who has just purchased a new house gets a transfer order in Japanese company, because they take out a housing loan to buy a house and have a duty of loan repayment, so the company thinks that they can't refuse the transfer.

    This line:
    It depends on the situation, but I learned that we need to change our mind.

    Could be rewritten as;
    It depends on the situation, but I learned that we need to be open to new experiences.

    Or:
    It depends on the situation, but I learned that we need not to be set in our ways.

    Note: Your original sentence is not wrong, I just wanted to highlight other ways that expression can be described.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Terry.
      Thank you for correcting my post every day.
      Yes, it is annoying but this is a typical Japanese employee.
      If we have a possibility to be transferred, it mighit not be a good idea to buy a house.
      But in our case, my husband didn't want to pay for a rent house any more.
      We had no another choice to accept the tranfer.


      Delete