7/24/2016

Radio calisthenics in the early morning

My children and I joined in the radio calisthenics held by the children's association of our town yesterday morning.

Attending the radio calisthenics is one of the typical events in summer vacation for children.

When I was a child, I had to join in it for a week, but in our town, it is held only once during the summer vacation.

I have heard that it is held at the end of the summer vacation in some towns to fix children's dissolute daily rhythm.

It started at 6:30am and it was a little hard time for me to wake my children's up at 6:15am.

Since I had told them about the schedule so far, my 7-year-old son was able to wake up immediately.
But my 6-year-old daughter wanted to sleep more.

"You aren't going, are you?"

We had only 5 minutes to leave home.

"No! I'm going with you!"

She cried.

"Then wake up now and wash your face!"

We ran to the park near our house.

When we reached there, it already began and there were a lot of families.

After exercise, we weeded the park for about an hour and came home at 7:40am.

I was tired but I thought it was a good opportunity to join in our town's event.

In fact, I asked my husband to come and join instead of me at 7am because I had to go to work yesterday.

But he joined in the job training and the drinking party last Saturday and he came home at 4:30am yesterday.

"Again! What age do you act? Stop coming home in the morning without informing me! I was not able to sleep after 3am because I am anxious about you. You don't have to join in the town's weeding today. Forget it. Go to sleep now!"

It was my mistake that I asked him to join in the radio calisthenics and weeding.

I know he is a social butterfly but it is only in his business relationship.

I want him to attend such a town's event more.

Needless to say, I had a lack of energy to work all day yesterday.



 
~~~ Thank you! ~~~

My blog's followers on Google+ have reached 100 people!
I appreciate all of you who read my blog.
I am surely encouraged by you.
And I hope you will enjoy reading my blog.
I will keep writing it to improve my English and leave my memories of parenting time.
I am sincerely looking forward to you coming to my blog again!


Thank you(^o^) for reading this article!
If you enjoy it, please click the button below and vote me!
I will be encouraged by you.

にほんブログ村 英語ブログ 英語の日記(英語のみ)へ


2 comments:

  1. Hello Kumi-san,

    Calisthenics sounds like it could be fun when the entire town does it and it seems like a good way to motivate people to take part. It also seems like it would be a good time to chat with other people.

    With regard to your husband's business duties, it must be difficult for him to have to work so late and have to drink at business meetings. I wonder how difficult it would be to do business in Japan if you do not drink alcohol. I imagine that it can't be good for work productivity if you are going into work the next morning hung over from the previous nights business party, especially if they happen frequently.

    Note: In a previous article of yours I mentioned that calisthenics was spelled "callisthenics" but it can be spelled either way so please ignore my previous post on that.

    Here is a list of issues found in your post:

    Part 1:

    This line:
    When I was a child, I had to join in it for a week, but in our town, it is held only once during the summer vacation.

    Should be:
    When I was a child, I had to join in (with it) for a week, but in our town, it is held only once during the summer vacation.

    This line:
    I have heard that it is held at the end of the summer vacation in some towns to fix children's dissolute daily rhythm.

    Should be:
    I have heard that it is held at the end of the summer vacation in some towns to get children in the right frame of mind.

    Or:
    I have heard that it is held at the end of the summer vacation in some towns to get children back into the daily school routine.

    Reason: "Frame of mind" is a common phrase to mean getting used to thinking in a particular way or approach something from a particular point of view. It can also meaning to get motivated to do something.

    Examples:
    I need to get in the right frame of mind to keep up my daily exercise routine.
    Listening to music puts me in the right frame of mind for the day.
    If I have a positive frame of mind I will be more likely to succeed in my goals.

    This line:
    It started at 6:30am and it was a little hard time for me to wake my children's up at 6:15am.

    Should be:
    It started at 6:30am and it was a little hard for me to wake my children up at 6:15am.

    Or:
    It started at 6:30am and I had a hard time waking up my children at 6:15am.

    This line:
    Since I had told them about the schedule so far, my 7-year-old son was able to wake up immediately.

    Should be:
    Since I had told them about the schedule, my 7-year-old son was able to wake up immediately.

    Reason: Removed "so far" as it was not needed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Part 2:

    This line:
    When we reached there, it already began and there were a lot of families.

    Should be:
    When we reached there, it had already begun and there were a lot of families.

    Reason: Changed "began" to "begun" as that's the past tense version.

    Examples:
    The bell began to ring (began current tense, you were there as it started to ring)
    The bell had begun to ring (begun past test, you were not there as it started to ring and it was already ringing when you got there)

    Note: The rules for when to use begin/began/begun are strange and it not worth worrying about but if you want a detailed explanation here is a link to a full description:

    http://grammarist.com/spelling/began-vs-begun/

    This line:
    In fact, I asked my husband to come and join instead of me at 7am because I had to go to work yesterday.

    Should be:
    In fact, I asked my husband to come and join in instead of me at 7am because I had to go to work yesterday.

    Reason: Added filler word "in"

    This line:
    "Again! What age do you act? Stop coming home in the morning without informing me! I was not able to sleep after 3am because I am anxious about you. You don't have to join in the town's weeding today. Forget it. Go to sleep now!"

    Should be:
    "Again! (How old are you?/Act your age.) Stop coming home in the morning without informing me! I was not able to sleep after 3am because I was anxious about you. You don't have to join in the town's weeding today. Forget it. Go to sleep now!"

    Reason: "How old are you/Act your age" are two common phrase which have the meaning of asking why someone who should know better does what they do at their age, and that they should act more appropriately. Changed "I am anxious" to "I was anxious"

    This line:
    I know he is a social butterfly but it is only in his business relationship.

    Should be:
    I know he is a social butterfly but it is only in his business relationships/dealings.

    This line:
    I want him to attend such a town's event more.

    Should be:
    I want him to attend such town events (more often/more).

    This line:
    I will keep writing it to improve my English and leave my memories of parenting time.

    Should be:
    I will keep writing it to improve my English and leave my memories of my time parenting.

    ReplyDelete