7/28/2016

Last minute upgrading for free to Windows10

I usually wake up at 4am to do housework and write my blog.

I woke up at 4am this morning, too.

My husband was still awake and in the living room.

Since our family will go on a family trip tomorrow, I thought he had to take work home with him to finish it today.

But he was sleeping in front of his laptop.

"What are you doing? Go to bed now, or you will be tired before our trip!"

He always comes home late and has lack of sleep.

"Because I am trying to upgrade my laptop to Windows10 but it is progressing slowly. ."

His laptop is Windows7.

I looked at the screen of his laptop, there was a message which said:

"Please wait for a while."

"When did you start it?"

I asked him and he answered:

"At 2am."

"2am? Two hours has already passed! Maybe it might be because I refused upgrading from "Get Windows 10" before. OK. I will try it. Please go to bed now."

He went to the bedroom.

I wondered why he had not upgrading even though there was an enough of an upgrading period.

Today is the last day for upgrading for free to Windows10.

I thought it is just like him because he is a procrastinator.

It is still upgrading now.

I don't know whether it will finish without any problems before we go to work.




Thank you(^o^) for reading this article!
If you enjoy it, please click the button below and vote me!
I will be encouraged by you.

にほんブログ村 英語ブログ 英語の日記(英語のみ)へ

2 comments:

  1. Hello Kumi-san,

    I have heard a lot of people complain about Windows 10. I don't generally run Windows but instead use Linux which suits my needs more closely. However if I needed Windows 10 I think I would buy it rather than get the free version as it offers more control over when it does upgrades of software. I hope your laptop will successfully upgrade to Windows 10 without issues.

    Here is a list of some of the issues found with the rest of the post:

    This line:
    Since our family will go on a family trip from tomorrow, I thought he had to take work home with him to finish it until today.

    Should be:
    Since our family will go on a family trip tomorrow, I thought he had to take work home with him to finish it today.

    Reason: Removed "from" as it is not needed before tomorrow. Also removed "until" as it also is not needed before today.

    This line:
    "What are you doing? Go to bed now, or you will be tired before we will go on a trip!"

    Should be:
    "What are you doing? Go to bed now, or you will be tired before our trip!"

    Reason: Changed "we will go on a" to "our trip!"

    This line:
    "Because it is progressing slowly. I am trying to upgrade my laptop to Windows10."

    Should be:
    "Because I am trying to upgrade my laptop to Windows10 but it is progressing slowly."

    Reason: Word order changes and added "but" filler word to make sentence sound more natural in English.

    This line:
    I wondered why he had not upgrading even though there was an enough upgrading period.

    Should be:
    I wondered why he had not upgraded even though there was enough of an (upgrade/upgrading) period.

    Or:
    I wondered why he had not (taken/done) the upgrade even though there was enough of an (upgrade/upgrading) period.

    Reason: Various ways to word the original sentence which sound a little more natural.

    This line:
    I don't know whether it will finish with any problems before we go to work.

    Should be:
    I don't know whether it will finish without any problems before we go to work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Terry!
      In fact, he scceeded to upgrade his laptop to Windows10, but his aim was only to get the program.
      He tried to downgrade it to Windows7, but it was failed because he set his laptop to dual boot Windows7 and Linax.
      Now it can't start up.
      We could copy our important files from the disk, but it has not fixed yet.
      That's why my husband recently use my laptop.
      I want him to fix it as soon as possible!
      Thank you!

      Delete