9/07/2016

Where has the typhoon gone?

I received the email from my 7-year-old son's elementary school yesterday morning.

It said that they won't prepare school lunch today (Thursday) and parents have to prepare their lunch
because school might be closed due to the approaching the typhoon.

But, when I went to my 6-year-old daughter's nursery school to pick her up, her teacher told me that they would prepare school lunch tomorrow.

I thought it was strange that the correspondence about school lunches was different in the elementary school and the nursery school even though both of them are managed by our city.

Actually, the scale of the typhoon was small, and it was already downgraded to a extratropical cyclone at 3am today.

Unless the storm warning is in effect for our city, school isn't closed.

I have to prepare my son's lunch today.

I understand that the teachers at his school just played it safe, but it was just troublesome to me.



Thank you(^o^) for reading this article!
If you enjoy it, please click the button below and vote me!
I will be encouraged by you.

にほんブログ村 英語ブログ 英語の日記(英語のみ)へ


2 comments:

  1. Hello Kumi-san,

    The Japanese weather must cause many frequent problems with Japanese schools, still like you said it is better to be safe than sorry.

    Here is a list of issues found with the rest of the post:

    This line:
    It said that they don't prepare school lunch today (Thursday) and parents have to prepare their lunch
    because school might be closed due to the approaching of the typhoon.

    Should be:
    It said that they won't prepare school lunch today (Thursday) and parents have to prepare their lunch
    because school might be closed due to the approaching typhoon.

    This line:
    I thought it was strange that the Correspondence about school lunch was different in the elementary school and the nursery school even though both of them are managed by our city.

    Should be:
    I thought it was strange that the correspondence about school lunches was different in the elementary school and the nursery school even though both of them are managed by our city.

    Reason: Correspondence does not need to be capitalized. Also changed "lunch" to "lunches" as they are plural

    This line:
    I understand that the teachers of his school just played it safe, but it was just troublesome to me.

    Should be:
    I understand that the teachers at his school just played it safe, but it was troublesome to me.

    ReplyDelete