9/11/2016

The Scream of cucumber

When I prepared breakfast, I found an interesting thing.

I cut a cucumber, then I found the cut end looked like a something famous.


I told my husband:

"Look! Do you think it looks familiar?"

"Oh!"

He immediately understood what I wanted to say, then he started drawing a picture on some white paper.

"This is it!"

We laughed to see his picture.

This is "the Scream" by the Norwegian painter Edvard Munch, no, it is "The Scream of Cucumber"!



Thank you(^o^) for reading this article! 

2 comments:

  1. ello Kumi-san,

    I think that it is true what they, say in Japan food is often considered art :). Here they say that you should not play with your food but they do not mention if it is okay to make art out of it. Still in a lot of countries they having imaginary figures burned onto toast and other such food items. I don't think I have seen a similar equivalent for cucumbers on Ebay however! :)

    Here is a list of some of the issues found in the rest of the post:

    This line:
    When I prepared breakfast, I found the interesting thing.

    Should be:
    When I prepared breakfast, I found an interesting thing.

    This line:
    I cut a cucumber, then I found the cut end looked like a famous something.

    Should be:
    I cut a cucumber, then I found the cut end looked like a something famous.

    Reason: Word order changes.

    This line:
    "Look! Do you think it looks like something?"

    Could also be reworded as:
    "Look! Do you think it looks familiar?"

    This line:
    He immediately understood what I wanted to say, then he started drawing a picture on a white paper.

    Could be reworded as:
    He immediately understood what I wanted to say, then he started drawing a picture on some white paper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Terry.
      Thank you for helping me a lot.
      After this, of course I ate the slice of cucumber!

      Delete