6/20/2016

Preparing for the second stage exam of Eiken

I took the Eiken Pri-first grade on June 12.

I have not received the result, but I started preparing for the second stage exam of Eiken just in case.

I bought the reference book for the second stage exam.

It is a speaking test.

Examinees need to answer some questions from examiner in English, then they look at a four-cell comic and summarizes the story and narrate by English for two minutes.

After that, they answer the questions related to the story.

I tried to narrate one of the questions of the past exam, I realized that I need to practice it.

I think I almost can express my thoughts in English, but I rarely have opportunities to describe situations.

First, I will practice narrating by myself, then if I can pass the first stage of the exam, I will ask my teachers of Online English school to help my practice.

I really hope that I can pass the exam!



Thank you(^o^) for reading this article!
If you enjoy it, please click the button below and vote me!
I will be encouraged by you.

にほんブログ村 英語ブログ 英語の日記(英語のみ)へ

1 comment:

  1. Hello Kumi-san,

    Your dedication to learning English certainly seems to be bearing fruit and you hopefully will be able to pass the test with enough practice. The Online English Teachers I am sure will be able to help you with any topics of which you are uncertain.

    Keep up the hard work and progress will surely come.

    Here are a list of issues found with the rest of the post:

    This line:
    Preparing for the second stage exam of Eiken

    Should be:
    Preparing for the second stage of the Eiken exam

    Reason: More natural English word order. Although your ordering would work it just sounds slightly less fluent.

    This line:
    I took the Eiken Pri-first grade on June 12.

    Question: Should Pri-first be Pre-first?

    This line:
    I have not received the result, but I started preparing for the second stage exam of Eiken just in case.

    Should be:
    I have not received the result, but I started preparing for the second stage of the Eiken exam just in case.

    Reason: More natural English word order.

    This line:
    Examinees need to answer some questions from examiner in English, then they look at a four-cell comic and summarizes the story and narrate by English for two minutes.

    Should be:
    Examinees need to answer some questions from examiner in English, then they look at a four-panel comic and summarizes the story and narrate in English for two minutes.

    Reason: In the above sentence I made two corrections the first was that the different pictures in a comic are generally called panels in English not cells. Though anyone reading the sentence would know your meaning. The second change I made was changing "by English" to "in English" as this is the correct way to say that common type of phrase.

    This line:
    I think I almost can express my thoughts in English, but I rarely have opportunities to describe situations.

    Should be:
    I think I can almost express my thoughts in English, but I rarely have opportunities to describe situations.

    Reason: Word order correction.

    This line:
    First, I will practice narrating by myself, then if I can pass the first stage of the exam, I will ask my teachers of Online English school to help my practice.

    Should be:
    First, I will practice narrating by myself, then if I can pass the first stage of the exam, I will ask my teachers of the Online English school to help me practice.

    Reason: Added filler word and changed "help my" to "help me"

    ReplyDelete