3/09/2016

Mom, there is something red on the towel!

While I was washing the dishes after dinner, I heard the sound of something bump.

Then my 7-year-old son suddenly started crying bitterly.

"What happened?"

I asked my children.

"He fell from the chair and bumped his head!"

My 5-year-old daughter shouted.

"What? Are you OK?"

I carried him in my arms and looked at his head.

"Where did you bump?"

"Around here. It hurts!"

He cried.

"Oh, poor my son!"

I brought an ice pack, covered it with a towel and cooled his head for a while.

Because he gradually calmed down, I told him:

"Lie down on the sofa for a while."

After a while, he woke up and told me:

"Mom, there is something red on the towel."

"What? Is it possibly your blood? Let me see your head again..... Oh no! You are bleeding from your head! Well, what should I do first in such kinds of situation?? Calm down, it's OK. I'm going to ask the health consultation. I always call them whenever I don't know what I should do."

I told myself to calm down.

"Mom, can I go to school tomorrow?"

My son looked at me and asked me anxiously.

"Yeah, you can go. Don't worry!"

The telephone health consultation is one of the services which is offered by the health insurance association which my husband takes out, we can ask staff who are nurses about health problems. 

The staff answered my question:

"First, stop the bleeding with a clean towel. You should go to see a doctor, but it is already 7:30pm, you might not find a doctor which are still open. Shall I search for a doctor around your area now?"

"Well, no thank you. I know a doctor which my daughter has gone and seen before. I am going to call and ask them now. Thank you so much."

I hung up the call then I called the doctor.

"Hello. Are you already closed? I would like to take my son to see a doctor."

"We are open until 8pm."

The office clerk answered.

"Really? Then we are going there now!"

I took my children to the clinic.

The doctor took an X-Ray of his head.

"OK, no problem! The blood already stopped. "

The examination finished soon.

I was really relieved.

I thought it was really lucky that I was able to find a doctor which was still open after 7pm.







Thank you(^o^) for reading this article!
If you enjoy it, please click the button below and vote me!
I will be encouraged by you.

にほんブログ村 英語ブログ 英語の日記(英語のみ)へ

 

3 comments:

  1. Hello Kumi-san,

    It is lucky that young children are very resilient and bounce back from injury very easily. Chocolate/Doughnuts fix all problems (mostly) :). On a unrelated note I was browsing the internet and came across something called オランジェット[Orangette] which looks amazing. Chocolate and Orange two combinations of food which look as if they would go together very well.

    http://cookpad.com/recipe/2018957

    I was a little confused as to why it is not spelled オランジェッテ but then my Japanese Grammar is non-existent. Either way it just goes to prove that Japan seems to have a monopoly of getting all the best foods from all the best places.

    Hope you son's head is not too sore and that he recovers quickly.

    Here is a list of some of the issues found in the post:

    This line:
    While I was washing the dishes after dinner, I heard the sound which something bumped.

    Should be:
    While I was washing the dishes after dinner, I heard the sound (of something bump/of a thud).

    This line:
    I carried him in my arm and looked at his head.

    Should be:
    I carried him in my arms and looked at his head.

    Reason: Even if you managed to carry him in one arm, that way that sentence is written it is almost always worded as arms.

    This line:
    "What? Is it possibly your blood? Let me show your head again..... Oh no! You are bleeding from your head! Well, what should I do at first in such kind of situation?? Calm down, it's OK. I'm going to ask the health consultation. I always call them whenever I don't know what I should do."

    Should be:
    "What? Is it possibly your blood? Let me see your head again..... Oh no! You are bleeding from your head! Well, what should I do first in such (a/kinds of) situation?? Calm down, it's OK. I'm going to ask the health consultation. I always call them whenever I don't know what I should do."

    This line:
    I told myself to let me calm down.

    Should be:
    I told myself to calm down.

    This line:
    The telephone health consultation is one of the services which is offered by the health insurance association which my husband takes out, we can ask staff who are nurses about health problems.

    Should be:
    The telephone health consultation is one of the services which is offered by the health insurance association which my husband takes out, we can ask staff who are nurses about health problems.

    This line:
    "First, stop the bleeding with a clean towel. You should go to see a doctor, but it is already 7:30pm, you might not find a doctor which are still opened. Shall I search a doctor around your house from now?"

    Should be:
    "First, stop the bleeding with a clean towel. You should go to see a doctor, but it is already 7:30pm, you might not find a doctor which are still open. Shall I search for a doctor around your area now?"

    This line:
    "Well, no thank you. I know a doctor which my daughter have gone and seen before. I am going to call and ask them from now. Thank you so much."

    Should be:
    "Well, no thank you. I know a doctor which my daughter has gone and seen before. I am going to call and ask them now. Thank you so much."

    This line:
    "We are opened until 8pm."

    Should be:
    "We are open until 8pm."

    Reason: When referring to opening hours you use the present tense version of open "open", the past tense version "opened" is only used when telling someone at what time a place opened:

    For example:
    We Opened the Office at 8am and will remain open until 11pm
    The Office will be open until 11pm

    This line:
    "Really? Then we are going to go from now!"

    Should be:
    "Really? Then we are going there now!"

    This line:
    The doctor took his head X-Ray.

    Should be:
    The doctor took an X-Ray of his head.

    This line:
    I thought it was really lucky that I was able to find a doctor which was still opened after 7pm.

    Should be:
    I thought it was really lucky that I was able to find a doctor which was still open after 7pm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Terry.
      Thank you for the collections.
      I am really sorry for my late reply.
      I often took a long time to write my new post, and I was not able to have time to correct my previous post.
      But I always appriciate you!

      I have not heard about オランジェット before.
      You know very well!
      I also searched about Orangette, yes, I also thought why it is not spelled オランジェッテ.
      It is only my point of view, it is because the spelling is Orangette, but its sound in Japanese is オランジェット.
      I am afraid that I don't know it is correct!

      Delete
    2. Hello Kumi-san,

      On the point of late replies to corrections. I know that you lead a busy life and so I want to make clear that you are under no obligation to answer the posts. Reply quickly or slowly or not at all, whichever is easiest for you. So long as the posts are useful to you that is all that matters.

      On the subject on オランジェット thank-you for looking into the reason it is spelled the way it is. I think I will just have to put it down to being one of the many Gairaigo words that does not exactly translate. I looked at the word in English and it appears to be French in origin:

      http://dictionary.reverso.net/french-english/orangette

      In a way I am glad the Japanese spell it the way they do, it's much easier to say with the Japanese spelling than with the French spelling and pronunciation. At least now I know that it was not me misunderstanding some grammar point of Japanese and is just the way it is said in Japanese.

      French and English sound totally different from each other and I imagine that French compared to Japanese is an even bigger difference.

      Hope you and your family are well and I want to repeat, you do not need to rush out replies, this is for fun, not a test :)

      I make sure to click the little box marked "お知らせを受け取る" in the posts so that it will email me when replies are posted so I will see responses no matter how long the time is between them.

      Delete