3/27/2016

My recent trouble

My children like drawing and crafts very much.

I try not to let them watch TV after dinner weekday because I want them to spend their time for their favorite things like drawing, crafts, playing together, practicing the Electone (electronic organ manufactured by YAMAHA co,ltd) , and so on.

Since they often draw pictures and make something, their works are increasing.

I prepared a box for them to put them away, and I told them to dispose of some of them if the box becomes full.

If they want to keep them, they can.

But I want them to choose a few.

If they are able to dispose of them in the case of taking photos of them, I want them to dispose of them as possible because we don't have much room to put them away.

I found their drawings overflowed from the box last night.

I told them:

"Look at this! It is already full. Sort out the pictures!"

They started sorting unwillingly.

My 5-year-old daughter always says:

"I want to keep all of them!"

My 7-year-old son always becomes in bad mood and says:

"I don't want such poor drawings!"

If I could keep all of them, I would like to do it.

I don't want tell them to dispose of them.

My son said that he didn't want to throw his works away by himself.

I understand his feeling.

But if I throw their works in secret, they will be sure to get mad at me.

My daughter decided to dispose of two of them after taking photos.

The first one was a girl wearing a blue dress made of Origami.



The second one was a ship made of some plastic trays and a toilet paper tube.



 I am always worried about how to let them put their works away.


Thank you(^o^) for reading this article!
If you enjoy it, please click the button below and vote me!
I will be encouraged by you.

にほんブログ村 英語ブログ 英語の日記(英語のみ)へ

1 comment:

  1. Hello Kumi-san,

    It seems the old adage that film like art is rarely ever completely finished it just get's improved and modified over time. I would say that it is a good position to be in having children that are too artistically prolific. Luckily with sites like google photos they give you unlimited photo storage and it's free. So you can take all the pictures you wish and never have to worry about running out of space.

    I was curious as to what an Electone looked like and did a search on Google Images. I was very surprised to find such a wide variety of machines. They look very impressive. I never learned to play the piano or any kind of keyboard instrument as my fingers are just not flexible enough. I can just about cope with a computer keyboard and even then I make may typing mistakes. Thankfully I can touch type quickly and am very good at hitting the backspace/delete key :).

    My artists skills are mostly used with electronic 3D Modeling Software called Blender and Gimp (Painting Software). The only physical thing I have for practice is a Tomy Megasketcher which I use to practice my Kanji writing to help me remember some of them when they won't stick in my useless memory. It is like an etchasketch but bigger and uses a magnetic pen. It saves me from having to waste lots of paper on my Kanji practice. It's designed for children but does what I need for Kanji, hence the rather bright colors:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfczR4Xi6js

    Here are a list of some of the issues found in the rest of the post.

    This line:
    I try not to let them watch TV after dinner weekday because I want them to spend their time for their favorite things like drawing, crafts, playing together, practicing the Electone (electronic organ manufactured by YAMAHA co,ltd) , and so on.

    Should be:
    I try not to let them watch TV after dinner on a weekday because I want them to spend their time on their favorite things like drawing, crafts, playing together, practicing the Electone (electronic organ manufactured by YAMAHA co,ltd), and so on.

    This line:
    I prepared a box for them to put them away, and I told them to dispose of some of them if the box becomes full.

    Should be:
    I prepared a box for them to put them away in, and I told them to dispose of some of them if the box becomes full.

    This line:
    If they want to keep them, they can.

    Should be:
    If they want to keep some of them, they can.

    This line:
    If they are able to dispose of them in the case of taking photos of them, I want them to dispose of them as possible because we don't have much room to put them away.

    Should be:
    If they have taken photos of them, I want them to dispose of them as soon possible because we don't have much room to store them.

    This line:
    My 7-year-old son always becomes in bad mood and says:

    Should be:
    My 7-year-old son always (gets into a/goes into a) bad mood and says:

    These Lines:
    "I don't want such poor drawings!"

    If I could keep all of them, I would like to do it.

    Question: I am not sure I am interpreting the two lines above correctly. First your son is saying he doesn't want to keep his low quality drawings (then why is he getting in a bad mood for having to sort he drawings), and the second line is that you saying that you would prefer not to have to make them choose which drawings to discard or your son? If the second line is you speaking then I would rewrite as follows to make it more clear:

    If I could let them keep all of them, I would like to.

    This line:
    I don't want tell them to dispose of them.

    Should be:
    I don't want to tell them to dispose of them.

    This line:
    I understand his feeling.

    Should be:
    I understand his feelings.

    This line:
    But if I throw their works in secret, they will be sure to get mad at me.

    Should be:
    But if I throw their works away in secret, they will be sure to get mad at me.

    ReplyDelete