6/19/2016

Karaoke

I went to work yesterday.

My husband took our children to watch the movie of "Kureyon Shin-chan", which is a popular Japanese anime.

He said they went to Karaoke before the movie began.

It was the first experience for my children to go to Karaoke.

I was curious how they were.

"Oh, I wanted to go with you, too. How was that?"

"It was really fun. They were excited about the echo of the mic."

He answered.

I was easily able to imagine how they were.

"And what did they sing?"

I asked him.

"Well, for example, anime's song like Doraemon, Kureyon Shin-chan, and so on. Then children's song like Grandfather's clock. Yes, they were so excited to sing it."

He recorded their song, so he played their song for me.

They sang seriously than expected.

"I thought they would sing playfully or be shy."

I told my husband. and he said:

"No. At the beginning, they didn't understand how to sing with only an accompaniment, but they got used to it soon."

"It's nice to be young! Hey! Was Karaoke fun? What did you sing?"

I asked my children.

My 7-year-old son said:

"Yeah, but what I sang is a secret!"

My 6-year-old daughter said:

"Yeah, it was really fun! I sang the theme song of Doraemon's movie, and the theme song of Kureyon Shin-chan's movie, and..."

Then she started singing again, so we sang together.

I like singing, but I have not been to Karaoke lately.

Their story made me want to go Karaoke!



Thank you(^o^) for reading this article!
If you enjoy it, please click the button below and vote me!
I will be encouraged by you.

にほんブログ村 英語ブログ 英語の日記(英語のみ)へ


1 comment:

  1. Hello Kumi-san,

    Your children and husband sound as if they had a very good time at karaoke. I follow a Japanese karaoke singer on my G+ page that I use to practice Japanese reading and listening with called みーみん. She seems to genuinely enjoy karaoke singing. She uses the JoySound karaoke system I think:

    https://plus.google.com/111514138499730332181/posts

    I don't mind listening to people sing Karaoke but I will never sing as my voice is hideous!

    Here is a list of some of the other issues found with the rest of the post:

    This line:
    "Well, for example, anime's song like Doraemon, Kureyon Shin-chan, and so on. Then children's song like Grandfather's clock. Yes, they were so excited to sing it."

    Should be:
    "Well, for example, anime songs like Doraemon, Kureyon Shin-chan, and so on. Then children's songs like Grandfather's clock. Yes, they were so excited to sing it."

    Reason: Made some words plural and made others singular to make sound slightly more natural.

    This line:
    He recorded their song, so he played their song for me.

    Should be:
    He had recorded their song, so he played it for me.

    This line:
    They sang seriously than expected.

    Should be:
    They sang more (confidently/seriously) than I expected.

    This line:
    "Yeah, it was really fun! I sang the theme song of Doraemon's movie, and the theme song of Kureyon Shin-chan's movie, and..."

    Should be:
    "Yeah, it was really fun! I sang the theme song from the Doraemon movie, and the theme song of Kureyon Shin-chan's movie, and..."

    This line:
    Their story made me want to go Karaoke!

    Should be:
    Their story made me want to go to Karaoke!

    ReplyDelete