5/07/2016

Beautiful scenery from the skyscraper

Since I had something to do, I went to Nagoya with my children yesterday.

In fact, I didn't want to take my children to Nagoya because we had to take a train and they are easy to be tired.

But my husband worked yesterday, I had to take with them.

I thought it was not fun for them to accompany with my errand, but they were very excited when we were on the train.

They took their shoes off and sat down toward the window.
My 7-year-old son said:

"Wow! How tall the buildings are! There is not such a tall building near our house, is it?"

"No. Wow, look! The another line joins this line!"

My 5-year-old daughter said.

They were typical children who live in the countryside.



After I finished the errand, my son told me:

"I want to go to the sky promenade!"

It is the name of the observatory which is located the height of 220 meters of the skyscraper called MIDLAND SQUARE.

"But, maybe it is a little expensive."

I have been there once before, but I forgot how much the entrance fee was.
"Let's go to the entrance and check the entrance fee!"

My son said.

I agreed with him unwillingly.


We reached the entrance, and I found the signboard which said that elementary school students are for free  of the entrance fee on weekends.

I changed my mind and said:

"OK, let's go!"

"Yeah!"

They were glad to hear me.


I was surprised with the beautiful scenery.

This is the southern view from there.

We could see the JR lines, the Spiral Towers, and Nagoya port.


This is the eastern view from there.

We could see the TV tower, Aichi Art Center, Nagoya highway, Higashiyama park, and so on.


This is the northeastern view from there.

We could see Nagoya castle which is famous for its golden grampuses on the roof.


This is the northern view from there.
The big building named DAINAGOYA Building was rebuilt two month ago.


The view was really beautiful than I expected.

We enjoyed looking at the view for a while.


Thank you(^o^) for reading this article!
If you enjoy it, please click the button below and vote me!
I will be encouraged by you.

にほんブログ村 英語ブログ 英語の日記(英語のみ)へ


2 comments:

  1. Hello Kumi-san,

    I have to agree with your children on this one, I too would be excited to see such amazing views. Nagoya is very impressive.

    Although I would not ever want to meet Golden Grampuses as the teeth on them looks like it could do some serious damage :)

    Here is a list of some of the issues found with the rest of the post:

    This line:
    In fact, I didn't want to take my children to Nagoya because we had to take a train and they are easy to be tired.

    Should be:
    In fact, I didn't want to take my children to Nagoya because we had to take a train and they tire easily.

    This line:
    But my husband worked yesterday, I had to take with them.

    Should be:
    But my husband worked yesterday, I had to take them with me.

    This line:
    I thought it was not fun for them to accompany with my errand, but they were very excited when we were on the train.

    Should be:
    I thought it would not be fun for them to accompany me on my errand, but they were very excited when we were on the train.

    This line:
    "Wow! How tall the buildings are! There is not such a tall building near our house, is it?"

    Should be:
    "Wow! How tall the buildings are! There is not such a tall building near our house, is there?"

    Or:
    "Wow! How tall the buildings are! There are not such tall buildings near our house, are there?"

    This line:
    "No. Wow, look! The another line joins this line!"

    Should be:
    "No. Wow, look! Another line joins this line!"

    This line:
    They were typical children who live in the countryside.

    Should be:
    They (were like/acted like/behaved like) typical children who live in the countryside.

    This line:
    It is the name of the observatory which is located the height of 220 meters of the skyscraper called MIDLAND SQUARE.

    Should be:
    It is the name of the observatory which is located at the height of 220 meters on the skyscraper called MIDLAND SQUARE.

    Or:
    It is the name of the observatory in the Midland Square skyscraper located at a height of 220 meters.

    This line:
    I agreed with him unwillingly.

    Reason: The above line is grammatically correct but the word unwillingly would probably be better switched with grudgingly or reluctantly.

    This line:
    We reached the entrance, and I found the signboard which said that elementary school students are for free of the entrance fee on weekends.

    Should be:
    We reached the entrance, and I found the signboard which said that elementary school students are allowed free admittance on weekends.

    Or:
    We reached the entrance, and I found the signboard which said that there is no entrance fee for elementary school students on weekends.

    Note: Free admittance/Free entry/Children enter free/Free for children under N years of age. All are very common forms of wording a sentence in English to say that children get into a building either free or at a reduced rate.

    This line:
    I was surprised with the beautiful scenery.

    Should be:
    I was impressed by the beautiful scenery.

    Or:
    I was (taken aback/impressive) by the beautiful scenery.

    This line:
    The big building named DAINAGOYA Building was rebuilt two month ago.

    Should be:
    The big building named Dainagoya Building was rebuilt two months ago.

    This line:
    The view was really beautiful than I expected.

    Should be:
    The view was much more beautiful than I was expecting.

    This line:
    We enjoyed looking at the view for a while.

    Could also be:
    We enjoyed looking at the scenery for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of the corrections I suggested has a typing error in it

    I was (taken aback/impressive) by the beautiful scenery.

    Should be:
    I was (taken aback/impressed) by the beautiful scenery.

    ReplyDelete