5/24/2016

Their favorite masterpieces

I wrote that we visited Tokoname pottery path during GW.

(My past entry : http://a-o-j-m.blogspot.jp/2016/05/nostalgic-pottery-path.html )

My children tried ceramic painting there.

They finished biscuit firing and glazing and delivered to our house last evening.

Since they were looking forward to seeing their plates, they hurried me saying:

"Come on! Open up the box! Quick quick!"

"Wait a minute. Look! This is yours!"

I unwrapped my 7-year-old son's plate first.

"Wow! Cool! I did a good job!"

He was glad to see his plate.

"Here you are. Your plate is colorful!"

I told my 5-year-old daughter.

"It is nice, isn't it?"

She said proudly.

My son painted a dinosaur and my daughter painted a girl and flowers.




My children and I also tried ceramic painting last year of GW.

We are using the plates and cup still now.

Tokoname ware is one of the Six Ancient Kilns of Japan.

The pottery are really tough and practical.

Thank you(^o^) for reading this article!
If you enjoy it, please click the button below and vote me!
I will be encouraged by you.

にほんブログ村 英語ブログ 英語の日記(英語のみ)へ




1 comment:

  1. Hello Kumi-san,

    The plates that your children made do look very pretty. I especially like your daughter's plate it has some very nice colours on it. The Tokoname pottery factory delivered them very quickly given the number of visitors they must receive through their factory. It must be fun to use them and a good reminder of your trip.

    Here is a list of issues found in your post:

    This line:
    They finished biscuit firing and glazing and delivered to our house last evening.

    Should be:
    They finished biscuit firing and glazing and delivered them to our house last evening.

    This line:
    Since they were looking forward to seeing their plates, they hurried me saying:

    Should be:
    Since they were looking forward to seeing their plates, they hurried to me saying:

    This line:
    The pottery are really tough and practical.

    Should be:
    The pottery is really tough and practical.

    Reason: I don't know the grammatical reason but when referring to pottery in your sentence it sounds better using the word is rather than are.

    Here is some examples:

    These plates are really tough and practical.
    Those plates are very brightly coloured.
    The plate is tough and practical.
    The pottery is very colourful.
    The pottery from Tokoname (is/are) very tough and practical.

    Note: If this seems confusing it is, as there does not appear to be a rule to determine when is/are sounds correct. I only know when it sounds wrong but not why.

    ReplyDelete