5/20/2016

Shortened pencil

I always do the laundry in the morning.

When I tried to take the washing out from the washing tub this morning, I found a shortened pencil.

It was my 7-year-old son's.


I was going to throw it away, but I stopped it because I knew he likes the pencil very much.

He has used the pencil to try to shorten the pencil as possible.

He showed it happily to me last night.

"Look mom! How short it is!"

"But you can't write anymore!"

I said.

"I don't care."

He put it in his pencil case.

After that, he might use the pencil and put it in his pocket.

As a child, some my classmate boys also liked gathering shorten pencils.

I wonder why boys like it.

I searched the Internet how to use shortened pencils on the Internet, and I found some usage.

I was surprised that a lot of people have a eco-friendly mind and thought it is good to take care of your things.

I thought it will be fun to think how to be able to use short pencils  with my children.



Thank you(^o^) for reading this article!
If you enjoy it, please click the button below and vote me!
I will be encouraged by you.

にほんブログ村 英語ブログ 英語の日記(英語のみ)へ


1 comment:

  1. Hello Kumi-san,

    I have a lot of artists people that I know and one thing that unites them all is a passion for the pens and pencils they use. They show them off, write reviews about them and even make videos about them. So it does not surprise me that your son is fixated on his pencil (short or not). I tend to use a computer bases electronic tablet when I have to sketch anything as it allows me to correct the many mistakes I make. One person that I really admire is a person called David Revoy. He can do amazing things with paint, pencils, pens and electronic computer drawing tablets and the free 3D modeling software I use called Blender. Here is a link to his website:

    http://www.davidrevoy.com/

    His pepper and carrot illustrations are the cutest (かわいい)

    Hope that all is going well with your language studies.

    Here is a list of some of the other issues found with the rest of the post:

    This line:
    When I tried to take the washing out from the washing tub this morning, I found a shortened pencil.

    Question: Was the washing done in tub/bucket like container/sink/bath? Or was in done in a washing machine? If it was from a washing machine it would be rewritten as:

    When I tried to take the washing out from the washing machine this morning, I found a shortened pencil.

    This line:
    I was going to throw it away, but I stopped it because I knew he likes the pencil very much.

    Should be:
    I was going to throw it away, but I stopped because I knew he likes the pencil very much.

    This line:
    As a child, some my classmate boys also liked gathering shorten pencils.

    Reason: Sounds slightly odd better to reword as:

    As a child, some of the boys in my class also liked gathering shorten pencils.

    This line:
    I searched the Internet how to use shortened pencils on the Internet, and I found some usage.

    Should be:
    I searched the Internet for some uses of shortened pencils, and I found some.

    This line:
    I was surprised that a lot of people have a eco-friendly mind and thought it is good to take care of your things.

    Should be:
    I was surprised that a lot of people have an eco-friendly mind and thought it is good to take care of your things.

    Or:
    I was surprised that a lot of people have an eco-friendly mind and think it is good to make things last.

    This line:
    I thought it will be fun to think how to be able to use short pencils with my children.

    Should be:
    I thought it (should/could) be fun to think of ways to use short pencils with my children.

    ReplyDelete