5/10/2016

Ouch!

When I was going to take my 5-year-old daughter to the nursery school yesterday morning, I found my 7-year-old son didn't put his kick scooter away at the entrance hall of our house.

I said:

"He did it again! Why doesn't he always put his things away?"

I folded it up set it against the unbrella stand.

Then I also found that a ball was on some umbrella.

"He is so sloppy.."

I was going to try to put the ball away.

Then, my son's kick scooter suddenly fell down on my right foot.

"Ouch!"

It was too painful.

I was lying at the hallway for a while because I couldn't stand up.

"Mom, are you OK?"

My 5-year-old daughter worried me and touched my right foot.

"Ouch! Please don't touch there!"

"But I wanted to do "there, there" for you."

She almost cried.

"Sorry, because it hurts too much."

I told her.


After a while, I could stand up and walk, so I took her to the nursery school.

But I had to walk with a limp.

After I came home, my foot still hurted.

I called my boss and explained what happened this morning to her, then asked her whether I could go to the hospital before I go to work.

She said yes then I went to see a docter.

He took an X-ray of my right foot.

He said there was no problem for my right foot bone, but I will feel a pain when I move my right foot for three or four days.

Actually, it was painful to drive my car when I drove to the clinic.

"Anyway, it was good for you that your injury was not so serious."

He said.

I hesitated to ask my boss and cowoker because we are busy recently, but I asked to let me take a day off yesterday.

Since I have to stand and walk during my work, so it was a little hard for me.

It is much better now, but it still hurts a little.

Maybe it will get well soon.

Thank you(^o^) for reading this article!
If you enjoy it, please click the button below and vote me!
I will be encouraged by you.

にほんブログ村 英語ブログ 英語の日記(英語のみ)へ


1 comment:

  1. Hello Kumi-san,

    Sorry to hear of your injury, it is unfortunate to get hurt by a scooter that you were not even riding.

    Here is a list of some of the other issues found in the rest of the post:

    This line:
    When I was going to take my 5-year-old daughter to the nursery school yesterday morning, I found my 7-year-old son didn't put his kick scooter away at the entrance hall of our house.

    Should be:
    When I was going to take my 5-year-old daughter to the nursery school yesterday morning, I found my 7-year-old son had not put his kick scooter away in the entrance hall of our house.

    This line:
    "He did it again! Why doesn't he always put his things away?"

    Should be:
    "He did it again! Why doesn't he put his things away?"

    This line:
    I folded it up set it against the unbrella stand.

    Should be:
    I folded it up and set it against the umbrella stand.

    This line:
    Then I also found that a ball was on some umbrella.

    Should be:
    Then I also found that a ball was on the umbrella.

    This line:
    It was too painful.

    Should be:
    It was (very/extremely/intensely) painful.

    This line:
    I was lying at the hallway for a while because I couldn't stand up.

    Should be:
    I was lying in the hallway for a while because I couldn't stand up.

    This line:
    My 5-year-old daughter worried me and touched my right foot.

    Should be:
    My 5-year-old daughter was worried about me and touched my right foot.

    This line:
    "Sorry, because it hurts too much."

    Should be:
    "Sorry, (but/however) it hurts too much."

    This line:
    But I had to walk with a limp.

    Or:
    But I walked with a limp.

    This line:
    After I came home, my foot still hurted.

    Should be:
    After I came home, my foot still hurt.

    Or:
    After I came home, my foot was still hurting.

    Reason: Although you will see the word hurted used, technically it's not a correct, that same is also true for hurtedly.

    Hurt, Hurts, Hurting are the only correct forms.

    Examples:
    I hurt my hand while cleaning.
    My hand still hurts after the accident.
    I wish my hand would stop hurting.
    My daughter was on the monkey bars, I told her to get down to prevent her from hurting herself.
    My daughter loves cooking but she must be more careful so as not hurt herself.
    I was hurt by the mean things that were said.
    If my son doesn't pay attention he always ends up hurt.

    This line:
    I hesitated to ask my boss and cowoker because we are busy recently, but I asked to let me take a day off yesterday.

    Should be:
    I hesitated to ask my boss and coworker because we are busy recently, but I asked (to take/if I could take) a day off yesterday.

    This line:
    Maybe it will get well soon.

    Should be:
    Hopefully it will get better soon.

    Reason: In English "get well (soon)" and similar types of phrases are used when referring to illness in other people. When you want to say you hope an injury to your body will rectify itself you use "get better (soon)" or "fixes itself/puts itself right". Or if you know exactly what the cause of the pain is you can say directly. For example if the causes of the pain was swelling or bruising caused to the foot from the scooter hitting it you could say:

    I hope the (swelling/bruising) goes down on my foot.

    ReplyDelete