5/02/2016

The result of theTOEIC test

Two happy things happened to me yesterday.

First, I recieved the result of the TOEIC test which I took last month.

Before seeing the result, I was nervous because I didn't think I did well on the test.

But, the total score was 850 (full marks is 990) , the listening part was 460 and the reading part was 390!

Last time I took the test two years ago, the total was 780, so I got 70 points more than before!

I was really glad to see the result, but I need to improve my reading skill more.

I will take the Eiken Grade Pre-1 in June.

I will keep studying English from now on.


Second, my mother called me and said:

"Thank you. I received the album which you made for me. I am really glad. It is my treasure!"

(I wrote about the album which I made for my mother as a present for Mother's Day in my previous post.)

I was really glad to hear that she liked it.

I thought I could give back to my mother a little.



Thank you(^o^) for reading this article!
If you enjoy it, please click the button below and vote me!
I will be encouraged by you.

にほんブログ村 英語ブログ 英語の日記(英語のみ)へ


2 comments:

  1. Hello Kumi-san,

    Congratulations of the results of your TOEIC test, you worked hard and hope you are able to improve as you wish to with more practice and do the other tests that you want to do.

    Here are a list of issues found with your post:

    This line:
    First, I recieved the result of TOEIC test which I took last month.

    Should be:
    First, I received the results of the TOEIC test which I took last month.

    This line:
    Before seeing the result, I was nervous because I didn't think I did the test well.

    Should be:
    Before seeing the result, I was nervous because I didn't think I did well on the test.

    This line:
    But, the total score was 850 (the full marks is 990) , the listening part was 460 and the reading part was 390!

    Should be:
    But, the total score was 850 (full marks is 990), the listening part was 460 and the reading part was 390!

    This line:
    Last time I took the test two years ago, the total was 780, so I could get 70 points more than before!

    Should be:
    Last time I took the test two years ago, the total was 780, so I got 70 points more than before!


    This line:
    "Thank you. I recieved the album which you made for me. I am really glad. It is my treasure!"

    Should be:
    "Thank you. I received the album which you made for me. I am really glad. It is my treasure!"

    Reason: A quick way of remembering the order of spells of received is to remember the rhyme "i before e except after c). This rhyme means that in general words that have e and i together will be in ie order but when the character c comes before them the order changes to ei. This is not a solid rule just a rhyme to help remembering the order the letter go when spelling those sort of words.

    Examples:

    Concieve (wrong) Conceive (correct) (because c is before ei)
    Decieve (wrong) Deceive (correct) (because c is before ei)
    Repreive (wrong) Reprieve (correct) (because ie does not have c before it)
    Retreive (wrong) Retrieve (correct)

    This line:
    (I wrote about the album which I made for my mother as a present of Mother's Day in my previous post.)

    Should be:
    (I wrote about the album which I made for my mother as a present for Mother's Day in my previous post.)

    This line:
    I was really glad to hear it.

    Should be:
    I was really glad to hear that she liked it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Terry.
      Thank you for advicing me about not to make error the spelling.
      Before I remembered the spelling "れせいぶ", the pronouciation of Japanese(^^).
      It is still difficult for me to write in correct spelling even though I can read the words.
      Especially I don't write by hand recently, I usually use my laptop to write English.
      I need to let my fingers remember the spellings(^^).
      Thank you so much!



      Delete