10/20/2015

A previous notice

I got a flu shot at the hospital near our office yesterday.

The cost was more expensive than last year, but our company offers it to employee as one of the welfare.

That was helpful for me.


After we came home, I told my children about it.

"I got a shot at the hospital today. Do you think what kind of shot I got?"

My 6-year-old son answered,

"The shot for growing up!"

"Oh-oh, it's wrong. I don't want to grow up any more!"

The word "to grow up" may include the meaning "to get fat" in Japanese by context.

My 5-year-old daughter answered,

"The shot for getting sick!"

"No way! We usually get a shot to prevent getting sick!"

I realized that they didn't understand the meaning of immunization that they got many so far.

"OK. I will give you a hint. It was a vaccination of something, starting from "i"."

My son said,

"I got it! It's Influenza!"

"That's correct! I have not booked yours yet, but I should do it soon."

My daughter turned pale.

"No! I don't like injection. I am scared! I hate a pain!"

"Yeah, me too. I don't like injection. But I put up with it today. It finished only for 3 seconds."

She said,

"Yeah, but I am scared..."

I said,

"You were in panic and acted too violent last year, so nurses and I had to hold you. Do you remember it? I believe you can bear it this year because you are already 5 years old. You have grown up. And you will get a shot to prevent flu. You don't want to get a flu, don't you?"

"I hate both the injection and the disease both."

She answered.

There's a lot of truth in what she said.

"I agree. But..."

My persuasion lasted more than 15 minutes, and finally she said,

"I got it!"

It will become a hard time for her this year again.





Thank you(^o^) for reading this article!
If you enjoy it, please click these buttons and vote me!
I will be encouraged by you.

にほんブログ村 英語ブログ 英語の日記(英語のみ)へ
 

No comments:

Post a Comment