1/15/2016

My ideal mother

I wrote that my 7-year-old son has had a flu since last Saturday's night.

My mother came to our house to take care of my son again yesterday.

I asked her to bring the game named Donjyara 2 days ago.

Donjyara is a picture matching game like mah‐jong and it has been loved by Japanese families for a long time.

I wrote about it in my previous post : http://a-o-j-m.blogspot.jp/2015/02/donjara-good-old-game.html

It was mine and it is still at my parent's home.

Since my 7-year-old son likes playing it very much,  I thought my son and my mother might be able to kill time playing it.

When I left for work at 8:50am, they started playing it.


When I came home at 5pm, they were still playing it!

"Are you still playing with Donjyara?"

"Yes. We have been playing it except when we had lunch and watched TV for a while."

My mother answered.

"You are really patient! If I were you, I could not keep playing it for such a long time!"

I really admired my mother.

"If I were not patient, I could not take care of them!"

She said.

They actually had been playing with it for more than 7 hours!

"You two, no one in the world can play it with you for such a long time! Maybe your grandma is an only one person who can put up with it!"

I told my children but they didn't hear me because they were absorbed in playing it.

Since I am short-tempered, I really admire my mother.

She was always kind to me when I was a child, and she often played with me and my sister.

Whenever I recall my mother, she was always smiling at me.

She is my ideal mother.



Thank you(^o^) for reading this article!
If you enjoy it, please click these buttons and vote me!
I will be encouraged by you.

にほんブログ村 英語ブログ 英語の日記(英語のみ)へ


3 comments:

  1. Hello Kumi-san,

    It seems your mother is very good at keeping children calm and engaged, still this should not be a surprise for you mother has had a lot more practice :)

    Here is a list of issues found while reading your post:

    This line:
    I wrote that my 7-year-old son have had a flu since last Saturday's night.

    Should be:
    I wrote that my 7-year-old son has had flu since last Saturday night.

    This line:
    Donjyara is a picture matching game like mah‐jongg and it has been loved by Japanese families for a long time.

    Should be:
    Donjyara is a picture matching game like mah‐jong and it has been loved by Japanese families for a long time.

    Reason: In English mah-jong is usually spelt with a single g rather than the gg ending (though your spelling is not wrong).

    This line:
    Since my 7-year-old son likes playing it very much, so I thought my son and my mother might be able to kill time to play it.

    Should be:
    Since my 7-year-old son likes playing it very much, I thought my son and my mother might be able to kill time playing it.

    This line:
    "You are really patient! If I were you, I could not keep playing it such a long time!"

    Should be:
    "You are really patient! If I were you, I could not keep playing it for such a long time!"

    This line: I am unable to interpret what the meaning is:
    "You two, no grandma in the world will not play together so for a long time! Maybe only your patient grandma will!"

    This line:
    I told my children but they didn't hear me because they were absorbed to playing it.

    Should be:
    I told my children but they didn't hear me because they were absorbed in playing it.

    This line:
    Whenever I recall my mother, she was always smiling to me.

    Should be:
    Whenever I recall my mother, she was always smiling at me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you always Terry!
      I am sorry that I am late for correcting them after you gave me these advice.

      I rewrote this sentence, how about it?

      This line: I am unable to interpret what the meaning is:
      "You two, no grandma in the world will not play together so for a long time! Maybe only your patient grandma will!"

      rewrote sentence:

      "You two, no one in the world can play it with you for such a long time! Maybe your grandma is an only one person who can put up with it!"

      Delete
    2. Hello Kumi-san,

      Yes your rewritten sentence is clearer in meaning

      I rewrote it a little to correct a slight issue:

      This line:
      "You two, no one in the world can play it with you for such a long time! Maybe your grandma is an only one person who can put up with it!"

      Should be:
      "You two, no one in the world can play it with you for such a long time! Maybe your grandma is the only person who can put up with it!"

      Reason: When you are refering to a person and that person is the only person you are speaking about then you don't need to include how many people you are refering to.

      So for example: Only one person would be Only person (Only person in this case makes clear that it only applies to one specific person)

      Delete