11/16/2015

Goodbye my beetle

I wrote that I bought a male and female Japanese rhinoceros beetles for my children at the ceramic festival in August. 

→ (past post : http://a-o-j-m.blogspot.jp/2015/08/new-members-of-our-family.html )

The female beetle died about a month ago.

→ (past post : http://a-o-j-m.blogspot.jp/2015/10/rest-in-peace.html )

Before we went to bed last night, it occurred to me that whether the male beetle would be still alive.

We had not seen it since last Friday.

Since it is getting cooler and cooler here in Japan, we knew it is dying.

I told my 6-year-old son,

"Is your beetle still alive? Did you check it recently?"

He was surprised at my word and opened the cage of the beetle in hurry.

He said,

"It was already dead..."

In fact, he didn't take care of it and didn't check it except when I asked him to do it though he told me that he would surely take care of it when he asked me to buy it.

The words came out of my mouth before I knew what I was saying.

"Oh, What a pity!  It had died lonely without being noticed by nobody!"

My son suddenly started crying bitterly.

"My poor beetle! How sad!"

He kept crying in sadness for a while.

I started regretting my word.

I said too much though its death was not his responsibility.

I only wanted him to check how it goes.

But I was also glad to see his attitude.

Because it was the first time that he felt sad when his insect died.

He often caught a lot of insects and put them in his insect cage then left them without taking care of them so far.

Of course they died soon but he had not changed his attitude.

I told him,

"I am sorry, I said too much.

But it taught you that the life is only once.

If we die, we never revive again.

That's why it is important to value your one and only life.

I felt sorry for you, but I am also glad to know you are a kind boy."

I patted his back kindly to settle him down.
He felt asleep soon.

We will bury it in the ground today.

Rest in peace, thank you the beetle.



Thank you(^o^) for reading this article!
If you enjoy it, please click these buttons and vote me!
I will be encouraged by you.

にほんブログ村 英語ブログ 英語の日記(英語のみ)へ
 

No comments:

Post a Comment