11/17/2015

The Hare and the Tortoise

My 5-year-old daughter is skillful with his fingers like her grandfather.

She can do most of things.

She showed me a finger play last night.

The finger play is played with a children's song called "The Hare and The Tortoise" written by Japanese.

(* The Hare and the Tortoise is one of Aesop's Fables.)

When I was an elementary school student, I was taught it by someone, maybe from a friend of mine or my sister.

Maybe there are various ways of finger play used the song, so I think that the way which I knew may be one of them.

It was difficult for me, so I practised it a lot and finally I could play it.

But my daughter could do it soon without much difficulty.

I was so surprised to see her playing.

She played it singing "The Hare and The Tortoise".



 "The Hare and The Tortoise"(うさぎ と かめ)
 
もしもし かめよ かめさんよ
( Hello, Hello, Mr.Tortoise,)
 
せかいの うちで おまえほど   あゆみの のろい ものはない
( Nobody around the world walks as slow as you )
 
どうして そんなに のろいのか
( Why do you walk so slowly?)
 
※I tried to translate the lyrics. If you find errors, feel free to let me know.

 
Thank you(^o^) for reading this article!
If you enjoy it, please click these buttons and vote me!
I will be encouraged by you.

にほんブログ村 英語ブログ 英語の日記(英語のみ)へ
 

No comments:

Post a Comment