11/07/2015

Nippon Maru

My children and I went to Nagoya port to see the Nippon Maru", which is one of the largest sailing ship in the world.

It is the sailing ship used for training of students from the university of Marine science, technology maritime polytechnical schools, and so on.

The ship is called "Swan of the Pacific Ocean" because of its size and beauty.

The ship is 110 meters high and its mast extends up to 50 meters.

There were a lot of people there to see the students unfurling the sail.

In fact, this was the second time to see Nippon Maru.

I saw it with my husband about 10 years ago.

I was so impressed with the beauty of the ship.

I read the article in the newspaper that Nippon Maru was at Nagoya port now, so I wanted my children to see it.

My children were so surprised because the ship was so big and it was the first time to see the sail ship.


 
 
 
We also visited the ship named "Fuji", which was used by Japanese Antarctic Research Expedition.
 
Near the ship, there stand the statues of Taro and Jiro, two dogs who survived the expedition.
 
They appeared in the true-to-life movie, "Antarctica", Japanese film in 1983.
 
 
 

The orange and white ship in the photo is Fuji.

I visited here when I was an elementary school, so it reminded me of my childhood.



Thank you(^o^) for reading this article!
If you enjoy it, please click these buttons and vote me!
I will be encouraged by you.

にほんブログ村 英語ブログ 英語の日記(英語のみ)へ
 

No comments:

Post a Comment