1/23/2016

A laxurious family day

My husband and I had a day off and my 5-year-old daughter didn't have a lesson at her music school yesterday.

Since it was a rare opportunity that all family members are at home on Saturday recently, my 7-year-old son said last Friday's night:

"Let's go somewhere!"

"Where do you want to go?"

"I want to go to the park!"

"Park... do you want to go to the park on such a cold day?? Maybe it will snow from tomorrow afternoon."

I thought I wanted to go somewhere warm.

I suggested to my husband yesterday morning:

"Why don't we go to Onsen? I want to relax there."

There is a public natural hot spring which it takes about 30 minutes by car from our house and we have been there several times before.

I reserved a chartered family bath.

Onsen are usually segregated for men and for women, so we also have to divide into two groups, our son & husband and our daughter & me.

But we can monopolize a small Onsen room for an hour and enjoy taking a bath together and we don't have to mind other people, so I reserved a chartered family bath though I had to pay an extra charge.

The water tasted salty because it was a salt spring.

It was really soft water.

Soft water means that it includes various kinds of minerals and we feel it is slippy.

We talked a lot and enjoyed the good water of theOnsen very much.

I could really relax and get warm there.



Our dinner was Sukiyaki yesterday!

My 5-year-old daughter and I went to the supermarket during my son's Karate lesson last Friday evening and I found some discounted beef for Sukiyaki and I bought it.



Since Japanese beef is expensive, I don't usually buy it.

So Sukiyaki is a rare dinner menu item for us!


We enjoyed a luxurious day as if we totally went for the hot spring trip.

Sometimes it is good to take a break and relax, isn't it?


Thank you(^o^) for reading this article!
If you enjoy it, please click these buttons and vote me!
I will be encouraged by you.

にほんブログ村 英語ブログ 英語の日記(英語のみ)へ

3 comments:

  1. Hello Kumi-san,

    Interesting post glad you and your family had a good time. We don't have hot springs here, though the images and photos I have seen of some of the onsen in Japan look very pretty.

    Here are some of the issues found with the article:

    This line:
    My husband and I had a day off and my 5-year-old daughter didn't have a lesson of her music school yesterday.

    Should be:
    My husband and I had a day off and my 5-year-old daughter didn't have a lesson at her music school yesterday.

    This line:
    Since it was a rare opportunity that all family members can stay home on Saturday recently, my 7-year-old son said last Friday's night:

    Should be:
    Since it was a rare opportunity that all family members are at home on Saturday, my 7-year-old son said last Friday's night:

    This line:
    "Park... do you want to go to the park in such a cold day?? Maybe it will snow from tomorrow's afternoon."

    Should be:
    "Park... do you want to go to the park on such a cold day?? Maybe it will snow tomorrow afternoon."

    This line:
    There is a public natural hot spring where it takes about 30 minutes by car from our house and we have been there several times before.

    Should be:
    There is a public natural hot spring which takes about 30 minutes by car from our house and we have been there several times before.

    This line:
    Onsen is usually divided into for men and for women, so we also have to divide into two groups, our son & husband and our daughter & me.

    Should be:
    Onsen are usually segregated for men and women, so we also have to divide into two groups, our son & husband and our daughter & me.

    This line:
    The water tasted salty because it was the salt spring.

    Should be:
    The water tasted salty because it was a salt spring.

    This line:
    Soft water means that it includes various kinds of ingredients and we feel it is slippy.

    Should be:
    Soft water means that it includes various kinds of minerals and we feel it is slippy.

    This line:
    We talked a lot and enjoyed the good water of Onsen very much.

    Should be:
    We talked a lot and enjoyed the water of the Onsen very much.

    This line:
    My 5-year-old daughter and I went to the supermarket during my son's Karate lesson last Friday's evening and I found a discount beef for Sukiyaki and I bought it.

    Should be:
    My 5-year-old daughter and I went to the supermarket during my son's Karate lesson last Friday evening and I found some discounted beef for Sukiyaki and I bought it.

    This line:
    So Sukiyaki is a rare dinner menu for us!

    Should be:
    So Sukiyaki is a rare dinner menu item for us!

    This line:
    We enjoyed a luxurious day as if we totally went for the hot spring trip.

    Question: Not sure how to interpret the line above do you mean:

    We enjoyed a luxurious day and all we initially went for was the hot spring.

    This line:
    It is good someimes, isn't it?

    Should be:
    Sometimes it is good to take a break and relax, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Terry.
      Thank you always for your help.

      Question: Not sure how to interpret the line above do you mean:

      We enjoyed a luxurious day and all we initially went for was the hot spring.

      I wanted to say that we enjoyed our family day luxuriously.
      Typical trip to Japanese Onsen it like our day, we usually stay at an Onsen ryokan (a Japanese style hotel with hot spring), and enjoy Onsen, and have a luxurious dinner there.

      Actually we didn't go to the famous Onsen ryokan, but we enjoyed Onsen and had a luxurious dinner at home.

      I mean our family day was like visiting Onsen ryokan.

      Delete
  2. Hello Kumi-san,

    Ah now I understand. Thankyou for making it clear.

    I wish we had onsen here, but unfortunately the water springs here are very cold and would not be something you would want to relax in.

    ReplyDelete