1/25/2016

Scared frozen road

When I got up yesterday morning, the snow had piled up about 5cm.

It was a really cold morning, the lowest temperature was -4 degrees Celsius (24.8 Fahrenheit).

The water in the small empty plastic containers which my 5-year-old daughter put outside yesterday were frozen.



When I took my daughter to the nursery school, the road was almost frozen.

Since it was powder snow, the surface of the snow twinkled like stars.

I told my daughter,

"Look! The snow is twinkling in the sunshine!"

"Wow! How beautiful!"

We were fascinated by the natural beauty.

Some small children slipped and fell down.

Since I don't have winter tires, I had to drive my car very slowly and carefully when I went to my office.

When I drove on the downhill path near my house and applied the brake, my car slipped a little and the car wouldn't stop right away.

I was really scared.

Most of drivers drove carefully and slowly, the main road I drove was jammed with traffic.

But it was good for me because I couldn't drive my car fast.

I finally arrived at our office safely, but I was late for the beginning of my shift.

Days like today only happen once or twice a year around here.

I think we don't have to prepare snow tires becuase they are expensive, but I really tought I needed them today!



Thank you(^o^) for reading this article!
If you enjoy it, please click these buttons and vote me!
I will be encouraged by you.

にほんブログ村 英語ブログ 英語の日記(英語のみ)へ

3 comments:

  1. Hello Kumi-san,

    Interesting article. I hate driving in snow or ice conditions. I am surprised that it is not mandatory to fit snow tires in Japan when there is snowfall on the roads.

    Here is a list of some of the issues found while reading your article:

    This line:
    It was really cold morning, the lowest temperature was -4 degrees Celsius (24.8 Fahrenheit).

    Should be:
    It was a really cold morning, the lowest temperature was -4 degrees Celsius (24.8 Fahrenheit).

    This line:
    "Look! The snow is twinkling by sunshine!"

    Should be:
    "Look! The snow is twinkling in the sunshine!"

    This line:
    When I drove the downhill path near my house and applied the brake, my car slipped a little and the car couldn't stop soon.

    Should be:
    When I drove the on the downhill path near my house and applied the brake, my car slipped a little and the car wouldn't stop right away.

    This line:
    I could finally arrived at our office safely, but I was late for the beginning of my shift time.

    Should be:
    I finally arrived at the office safely, but I was late for the beginning of my shift.

    This line:
    The day like today is only once or twice a year around here.

    Should be:
    Days like (today/these) only happen once or twice a year around here.

    This line:
    I think we don't have to prepare snow tires becuase they are expensive, but I really tought I needed them today!

    Should be:
    I think that we should not have to purchase snow tires because they are expensive, but I thought I really needed them today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Terry.

      Thank you for helping me again!

      >I am surprised that it is not mandatory to fit snow tires in Japan when there is snowfall on the roads.

      Now that you mention it, that's true.
      We try to go to work even in a bad weather.
      It is normal for us but actually most of us don't want to go to work on such a day.
      Isn't it ironic?



      Delete
  2. Yes driving in snow is not fun and it makes sense to avoid driving in it if at all possible.

    ReplyDelete