1/26/2016

What is the most important?

The marathon meet was held at my 7-year-old son's elementary school yesterday.

He told me yesterday morning:

"I don't want to run..."

"I understand. When I was a high school student, I had to take part in the marathon meet at school. I really didn't like it. But you will not have to practise running after it. Do your best!"


I didn't go to see him because I was busy for my work.

His friend's mother informed me by e-mail that he came the 21st.

After we came home, my son showed me a small piece of paper and said:

"I was in the 20th position when I ran for practise 2 days ago. I dropped one place."

He was disappointed.

His rank and time were written in the paper.

I told him:

"But, look! Today your time is 40 seconds faster than yesterday's! Isn't that something? I know marathon is really hard, but you did a great job!"

I hugged him, and he smiled at me.

I think winning is not important.

What's important is that you do your best and you are better than your were yesterday.


Thank you(^o^) for reading this article!
If you enjoy it, please click these buttons and vote me!
I will be encouraged by you.

にほんブログ村 英語ブログ 英語の日記(英語のみ)へ

2 comments:

  1. Hello Kumi-san,

    Fun read. I always hated sports activities when I was at school, luckily there were not many.

    Here is a list of some of the issues found in your article:

    This line:
    After we came home, my son told me showing me a small piece of paper:

    Should be:
    After we came home, my son showed me a small piece of paper and said:

    This line:
    "I was in the 20th when I run for practise 2 days ago. I dropped one place."

    Should be:
    "I was in 20th position when I ran for practise 2 days ago. I dropped one place."

    This line:
    "But, look! Today's your time is 40 seconds faster than yesterday's! Isn't that something? I know marathon is really hard, but you did a great job!"

    Should be:
    "But, look! Today your time is 40 seconds faster than yesterday's! Isn't that something? I know marathon is really hard, but you did a great job!"

    This line:
    What's important is that you do your best and you are better than yourself than your were yesterday.

    Should be:
    What's important is that you do your best and get better than you were (before/yesterday).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Terry.
      I corrected them.
      I appreciate that you spent your precious time for me.

      Delete