1/05/2016

I miss those days

Friends of ours came to our house yesterday evening.

They got married about four years ago and she gave birth to a baby boy last month.

But since the baby was born more than 1 month ahead of her due date, the baby was still in the hospital.

I was relieved to hear that he is fine.

They showed us their son's photos.

She said his weight is still under 2,000g.

But from what I could find he is fine though he is very small.



I remembered the days when my children were babies.

When my son was born, I didn't know anything about taking care of a baby.

I was nervous when I washed his body.

He was so small that it was difficult for me to hold him while washing him.

I had a dilemma because I couldn't feed him well.

It was hard he was often still awake after midnight not wanting to sleep.


I was always sleepy and I faced brand new happenings every day.

When my children smiled at me for the first time, I was really glad to see them.

Though they couldn't speak and they just  lay down on the bed,  I talked to them like I was talking alone.

It was the time that I had begun to live for a person except myself.



When my son was three months old, he suffered from Kawasaki disease and he had to be hospitalised for 12 days.

At first, I noticed that he had a high fever.

He kept crying.

We had just moved to Tokyo, so I was not familiar with our neighborhood and roads.

I was not used to driving my husband's big car and I didn't know how to use its car navigation system.

But I had to take him to the hospital.

I was about to be crushed with anxiety when I was driving nervously while listening to him crying bitterly.

I said:

"It's OK. We will soon reach the hospital. I know it is hard. Please wait for a moment!"

I tried to calm down myself.

After we got to the hospital, the doctor took him to the examination room to put him on a drip.

They said I had to wait in the waiting room.

I heard my son crying terribly.

I was worried about him and became more anxious. 

Since it was too hard for me to endure the situation alone, I called my husband and asked him to come to the hospital.

After 5 days, my son was finally diagnosed with Kawasaki disease.

It was a long long 5 days for us because we had been very anxious.


Neither of our children have health problems now.

I still have some worries about my children, but I almost forgot about my worries when they were babies.

I really miss those days.



Thank you(^o^) for reading this article!
If you enjoy it, please click these buttons and vote me!
I will be encouraged by you.

にほんブログ村 英語ブログ 英語の日記(英語のみ)へ

3 comments:

  1. Hello Kumi-san,

    Interesting read. Kawasaki disease sound awful, still all is well in the end.

    I read through the article and found only small issues listed below.

    This line:
    Friends of us came to our house yesterday evening.

    Should be:
    Friends of ours came to our house yesterday evening.

    This line:
    But I could find that he is fine though he is very small.

    Should be:
    But from what I could (discern/find out) he is fine though he is very small.

    This line:
    When my son was born, I didn't know anything about taking care of baby.

    Should be:
    When my son was born, I didn't know anything about taking care of a baby.

    This line:
    It was hard that he was awake and not going to fall asleep soon at midnight.

    Should be:
    It was hard he was often still awake after midnight not wanting to sleep.


    This line:
    When my son was three months old, he was suffered from Kawasaki disease and he had to be hospitalised for 12 days.

    Should be:
    When my son was three months old, he suffered from Kawasaki disease and he had to be hospitalised for 12 days.

    This line:
    "It's OK. We will soon reach the hospital. I know you are hard, don't you? Please wait for a moment!"

    Should be:
    "It's OK. We will soon reach the hospital. I know it is (hard/uncomfortable). Please wait for a moment!"

    This line:
    They said I had to wait at the waiting room.

    Should be:
    They said I had to wait in the waiting room.


    This line:
    Both of our children have no problem of health now.

    Should be:
    Neither of our children have health problems now.

    This line:
    I have still some worries about my children, but I almost forgot about my worries when they were babies.

    Should be:
    I still worry about my children, but I almost forgot about my worries when they were babies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your valuable corrections, Terry.
      I can't make this sentence by myself: Neither of our children have health problems now.
      Neither includes a negative meaning in the word, but we don't have such a expression in Japanese because we usually undetstand positive or negative when we listen to the end of the sentence.
      The structure of sentence is compoletely different from English and Japanese.

      Delete
  2. Hi Kumi,

    An easy way I like to think about Neither is to understand that it means Not Either.

    So for example in a sentence:

    You can have either of these chocolate pies.

    In the sentence above either effectively means you can have one or the other of the chocolate pies but not both.

    With Neither you are effectively saying you can not have any of the chocolate pies.

    If Neither is too difficult to use then you could also use:

    Our children are both healthy now.

    Which can avoid the use of Neither and Either.

    Hope this helps a little.

    ReplyDelete