1/08/2016

Tissue-pack marketing

Our company sometimes does the tissue-pack marketing for a sales promotion.

We stand in front of the shopping mall and hand out small portable tissue packages with flyers of our company to passers‐by. 

I did it yesterday.

It is very interesting because I can encounter various kinds of people.

When they pass by in front of me, I say " Hello, we are ~ (the name of our company)", then hold out a small pack of tissue.

Some people receive it saying "Thank you."

Some people receive it, but they don't say anything and try to go through quickly.

Some very polite people stop walking and make a bow and receive it saying "Thank you".

Some people don't receive it and completely ignore me.

Some people show the palm of their hand to me and it means they don't want it.

In a rare case, there was a man who received it and threw our flyer away in front of me.

It is like people- watching.

I can see what kind of person I want to be through this work.


 
 
Thank you(^o^) for reading this article!
If you enjoy it, please click these buttons and vote me!
I will be encouraged by you.

にほんブログ村 英語ブログ 英語の日記(英語のみ)へ

  

3 comments:

  1. Hello Kumi-san,

    Interesting article, promotional flyers are always difficult to hand to people. Though it is odd that some people decline so harshly rather than just politely refusing.

    Here is a list of issues I found.

    This line:
    Our company sometimes do the tissue-pack marketing for a sales promotion.

    Should be:
    Our company sometimes does the tissue-pack marketing for a sales promotion.

    This line:
    It is very interesting because I can find various kinds of people.

    Should be:
    It is very interesting because I can encounter various kinds of people.

    This line:
    It was a rare case, there was a man who received it and threw our flyer away in front of me.

    Should be:
    In a rare case, there was a man who received it and threw our flyer away in front of me.

    This line:
    It is like a people- watching.

    Should be:
    It is like people-watching.

    Or:
    It is like observing people.

    This line:
    I can see what kind of person I want to be through this work.

    Question: Do you mean this work shows you how you want to treat other people and how you wish to be treated by them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Terry.
      Thank you always for your correction!


      Question: Do you mean this work shows you how you want to treat other people and how you wish to be treated by them?

      I mean how you want to be if I encounter people who are distributing their advertisement like me.

      I think we can find out the true nature of the person when he/she treats somebody who is not their friend, but for example, a sale person or somebody like that.

      Delete
  2. I think I understand, sorry for the confusion.

    ReplyDelete