1/28/2016

Don't be afraid of failure

My husband works really hard.

He always comes home after midnight.

He came home at 4:30am 2 days ago and at 2:00am last night, but he has already woken up and was preparing to take an online English lesson from 6:30am.

He said:

"I am sleepy."

"Yeah, you must be sleepy!"

I answered.

He will go to the US on a business trip next Monday for a week.

He is also learning English and he and I belong to the same online English school.
But he speaks very little English.

But he can communicate with foreign people because he isn't reluctant to speak English though he doesn't have enough skill and he gets by with body language and a little English.
In my case, I felt embarrassed to speak English when I was a high school student because I worried whether I spoke correctly.

I stayed in Canada for a month to take an ESL class at a college when I was a university student.

I overcame my resistance to speak English during the stay.

I really envy his attitude, he isn't afraid of failure.

He has already had to communicate important things to people who don't understand Japanese.

Maybe it is neither to get a high score of TOEIC test nor to remember more vocabularies.

(Of course both of them are important, too.)

I think that it is most important to do your best when trying to express hard to describe feelings and concepts.


Thank you(^o^) for reading this article!
If you enjoy it, please click these buttons and vote me!
I will be encouraged by you.

にほんブログ村 英語ブログ 英語の日記(英語のみ)へ

2 comments:

  1. Hello Kumi-san,

    Interesting article. I think your husbands approach to communication is very effective. Confidence when communicating certainly makes speaking easier. Also the people he is speaking with will know that he is not speaking in his native language and they should if they are considerate people make allowances for this. After all it would be much harder for them to speak Japanese. So they should be glad your husband makes the effort.

    Here is a list of issues found with the post:

    This line:
    Don't be afraid to failure

    Should be:
    Don't be afraid of failure

    This line:
    He always comes home midnight.

    Should be:
    He always comes home after midnight.

    This line:
    He came home at 4:30am 2 days ago and at 2:00pm last night, but he has already woken up and is preparing to take an online English lesson from 6:30am now.

    Should be:
    He came home at 4:30am 2 days ago and at 2:00am last night, but he had already woken up and was preparing to take an online English lesson from 6:30am.

    Question in the above line I am assuming that you wanted to say 2am in the morning (2 hours after midnight) and not 2 hours after noon/midday.

    This line:
    He will go to the US on business trip from next Monday for a week.

    Should be:
    He will go to the US on a business trip next Monday for a week.

    This line:
    He also learns English and he and I belong to the same online English school.

    Should be:
    He is also learning English and he and I belong to the same online English school.

    This line:
    But he speaks English just a little.

    Should be:
    But he speaks very little English.

    This line:
    But he can communicate with foreign people because he isn't reluctant to speak English though he doesn't have enough skill and he gets through with body language and a few English.

    Should be:
    But he can communicate with foreign people because he isn't reluctant to speak English though he doesn't have enough skill and he gets by with body language and a little English.

    This line:
    I could overcome my resistance to speak English during the stay.

    Should be:
    I overcame my resistance to speak English during my stay.

    This line:
    I really envy his adventurous, he isn't afraid of failure.

    Should be:
    I really envy his attitude, he isn't afraid of failure.

    This line:
    He has already had an important things to communicate with people who don't understand Japanese.

    Should be:
    He has already had to communicate important things to people who don't understand Japanese.

    This line:
    Maybe it is neither to get a high score of TOEIC test nor to remember more vocabularies.

    Should be:
    Maybe it is not only a high score on the TOEIC test or remembering more vocabulary that is important.

    This line:
    I think that it is most important to do your best to try to express your feeling hard.

    Should be:
    I think that it is most important to do your best when trying to express hard to describe feelings and concepts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello!
      I always appriciate you Terry.

      Question in the above line I am assuming that you wanted to say 2am in the morning (2 hours after midnight) and not 2 hours after noon/midday.

      Yes, I mistook the time.
      I am sorry for the confusion!


      Delete