12/13/2015

A small helper

Since I went to work yesterday, I made Nabe for dinner because it is easy to make.

My 5-year-old daughter came to me and said:

"I want to help you!"

She took her own cooking knife which I bought her previously.

"Could you cut these leaves of Chinese cabbage?"

"Sure!"

She brought the step tool with her because she was too small to reach the counter to cut them on the cutting board.

To tell the truth, I didn't want her to help me because I wanted to finish making dinner as soon as possible.

But since she wanted to help me, I thought I needed to let her do it.

I had already taught how to cut the vegetables previously, but I needed to keep an eye on her yet.

She chopped the Chinese cabbage awkwardly.

"Don't open your left hand. Let your left hand be like a cat's hand!"

It made me more tired than I do it by myself.

"I've done!"

She said cheerfully.

She is interested in cooking and she wants to help me making meals.

"When you grow up, will you make dinner for me?"

"Sure! I will do it!"

In fact, I don't like cooking very much, I think it is my duty.

I hope the day when my daughter can prepare our meals will come in the future!



Thank you(^o^) for reading this article!
If you enjoy it, please click these buttons and vote me!
I will be encouraged by you.

にほんブログ村 英語ブログ 英語の日記(英語のみ)へ



2 comments:

  1. Hello Kumi-san,

    Another interesting article, it is always good to learn to cook as early as possible. It is a good skill to have.

    Very small issues found in the post, I have listed the ones that I found below:

    This line:
    She took her own cooking knife which I bought her before.

    Should be:
    She took her own cooking knife which I bought for her (use previously or remove before).

    This line:
    I had already taught how to cut the vegetables before, but I needed to keep an eye on her yet.

    Should be:
    I had already taught her how to cut the vegetables (remove before or instead use previously), but I needed to keep an eye on her yet.

    This line:
    "Don't open your left hand. Let your left hand like a cat's hand!"

    Should be:
    "Don't open your left hand. Let your left hand be like a cat's hand!"

    This line:
    It made me tired than I do it by myself.

    Should be:
    It made me (as/more) tired than if I had done it by myself.

    This line:
    I hope the day when my daughter can prepare our meal will come in the future!

    Should be:
    I hope the day when my daughter can prepare our meals will come in the future!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Terry.
      I corrected the wrong parts.
      I appreciate your help!

      Delete