12/02/2015

The day they didn't watch TV

I went to the library to borrow some books for my children yesterday.

I have continued it since my 6-year-old son was 1 year old.

We can borrow books for two weeks, so I usually go there twice a month.

Since my son can read books alone recently, I often borrow not only children's books but also some manga(comics) like Doraemon, Chibi Maruko-chan.

I borrowed manga of the feature film of Doraemon.

He was glad to find it on the bookshelf.

He did his homework quickly and started reading it after dinner.

My children like drawing very much.

My 5-year-old daughter was absorbed in drawing this yesterday:


She drew her friends and herself.

I know they never wear such kind of dresses and my daughter ( the leftmost girl) doesn't have a long hair in reality.

But it's not a big problem.

I like her imaginative and dreamful picture very much.

I am glad to be able to find how she enjoys her school life from the picture.

After all, we didn't watch TV at all yesterday.

But I like such a day.


Thank you(^o^) for reading this article!
If you enjoy it, please click these buttons and vote me!
I will be encouraged by you.

にほんブログ村 英語ブログ 英語の日記(英語のみ)へ


2 comments:

  1. Fun read as always Kumi-san.

    I wish it was as easy to get ドラえもん manga and anime here. I tend to only get to see them on youtube and various streaming sites for anime. Books are good for the mind, often better than TV though I suppose it depends on what is watched.

    On a side note that maybe you can help me with. When spelling ドラえもん in Kana, do you happen to know why it is written in combination Katakana ドラ and the other part in Hiragana えもん. Is it just a style decision or is there are specific grammar rule being used.

    I also read your article for issues. Found nothing serious, just tiny possible issues:

    This line:

    I went to the library to borrow some books for children yesterday.

    Assuming you mean for your children it should be:

    I went to the library to borrow some books for my/the children yesterday.

    This line:

    He was glad to find it in the bookshelf.

    Should probably be:

    He was glad to find it on the bookshelf.

    Reason: It tends to be on a bookshelf not in a bookshelf. I am not sure if in is wrong technically but it sounds odd.

    This line:

    My 5-year-old daughter was absorbed in drawing this yesterday.↓

    Should probably be:

    My 5-year-old daughter was absorbed in drawing this yesterday:

    Reason: (colon is used to indicate that what follows the sentence before it is related in this case the drawing. This also means that you don't need the ↓).

    Terry Wallwork

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Terry.
      I didn't know why Doraemon is written in combination Katakana and Hiragana.
      I searched about it and found the surprising answer.
      There is an episode in Doraemon like this:
      When Doraemon was asked his name by a robot investigator of family register, he could write Dora in Katakana (ドラ), but he has forgot how to write "emon" in Katakana, so he had to write "emon" in Hiragana reluctantly.
      How funny! There in no specific grammar rule, Terry.

      Delete