12/06/2015

Incredible fantastic POB ~ Mom takes a day off ~

My husband and I went to Osaka to watch the musical show called Prince of Broadway.

I love watching musicals.

I especially like "the Phantom of the Opera".

When I was a college student, I watched it for the first time in Japan.

It was an electrifying experience for me.

I fell in love with its music, songs, and story.

Since I wanted to watch it again, I worked part-time at the sushi shop and saved money then went to watch the musical again.

I have watched the Phantom of the Opera more than 30 times.

I had been to Toronto to watch it.

Of course I like other musicals like Cats, Beauty and the Beast, Les Miserable, West Side Story...

There are too many!

I have been a fan of Ramin Karimloo since I watched the 25th anniversary DVD.

He played the role of Phantom in the DVD and I thought he was the best Phantom I ever watched.

When I knew he was coming to Japan to perform as Phantom in the musical show called Prince of Broadway, I thought I couldn't miss the rare opportunity and if I missed it, I would surely regret it.

My children and I visited my parents house last Saturday and stayed there overnight.

I asked my parents to take care of them and went to Osaka with my husband yesterday.

It was the first time for us to travel any great distance without our children after we had them.

We met up at Nagoya station and took Shinkansen to Osaka.

It was as if we were back before we got married.

The show was incredible, fantastic, amazing, and wonderful!

I could finally watch Ramin's Phantom.

He sang "the Phantom of the Opera" at the end of the act 1.

"My power over you grows stronger yet"

I have never listened to a singer like Ramin who sings "stronger" raised the interval.

But his part was very short, he only sang until "the Phantom of the Opera is there inside your mind."

"What?  Already? Too short! "

I screamed in my mind.

But I could get absorbed in listening to his beautiful voice sing by "Music of the night".

But the curtain started being closed while he was singing the very last lyrics, "Help me make a music of the night".

I really wanted to listen to the last echo of his voice but I couldn't hear it because the audience started clapping.

"Oh no! Keep quiet! He is still singing!"

It was one of the directions, but I was really disappointed.


But other performers were also extremely talented and attractive.

I was enchanted by Tony Yazbeck's tap dance.

He was an incredible dancer and singer.

"Don't cry for me Argentina" sung by Mariand Torres was extremely persuasive so I listened to her song attentively.

"So What" sung by Nancy Opel was very impressive.

I haven't seen "Cabaret" before but I really enjoyed watching it.

Anyway everybody was so talented and performed extremely well, I was so impressed.

I can't write all my impressions here.

When I watch a musical show, it is as if I were in a completely different world.

Thanks to Prince of Broadway, I had a really great, memorable time.

On my way to my parents house, my husband and I enjoyed chatting together about our impressions of the show.

We usually don't have much time to talk with each other, so it was really a good opportunity for us.

We were able to have a good time, it was like a dream yesterday.




Thank you(^o^) for reading this article!
If you enjoy it, please click these buttons and vote me!
I will be encouraged by you.

にほんブログ村 英語ブログ 英語の日記(英語のみ)へ


5 comments:

  1. I have only even seen the musical on dvd. Though my favorite musical is somewhat childish as I like the Nutcracker by the russian dance troupe "The Nutcracker Ballet (Mariinsky Theatre)". Very bright and cheerful with really nice costumes and dancing.

    Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtLoaMfinbU

    Sounds like it was a lot of fun.

    So I noted some of the tiny issues I found, as usual nothing major though there were some parts of the text I was unable to interpret properly would more information.

    This line:

    Especially I like Phantom of the Opera.

    Although not wrong is usually said this way round:

    I Especially like Phantom of the Opera.

    This line:

    It was electrifying experience for me.

    Should probably be:

    It was an electrifying experience for me.

    This line:

    I watched the Phantom of the Opera more than 30 times.

    Should probably be:

    I have watched the Phantom of the Opera more than 30 times.

    This line:

    I have been a fan of Ramin Karimloo since I watched the DVD of its 25th anniversary.

    Would sound easier as (your line as far as I can tell grammatically is completely valid but it's almost never said the way you prased it, not sure why):

    I have been a fan of Ramin Karimloo since I watched the 25th aniversary DVD.

    This line:

    When I knew he comes to Japan and perform as Phantom in the musical show called Prince of Broadway, I thought I couldn't miss the rare opportunity and if I missed it, I would surely regret.

    Should probably be:

    When I knew he was coming to Japan to perform as Phantom in the musical show called Prince of Broadway, I thought I couldn't miss this rare opportunity and if I missed it, I would surely regret it.

    This line:

    It was the first time for us to go out to far place without our children after we had them.

    Should probably be:

    It was the first time for us to travel any great distance without our children since we had them.

    This line:

    "My power over you grow stronger yet"

    Should be (acording to google):

    "My power over you grows stronger yet"

    This line:

    I have never listened the singer like Ramin who sings "stronger" raised the interval.

    Should probably be:

    I have never listened to a singer like Ramin who sings "stronger" raised the interval.

    Question: not sure what raised the interval means in this case is it similar to raised the occasion?

    This line:

    But I could get absorbed in listening to his beautiful voice sung by "Music of the night".

    Should probably be:

    But I could get absorbed in listening to his beautiful voice sing by "Music of the night".

    This line:

    But the curtain started been closed while he was singing the very last lyrics, "Help me make a music of the night".

    Should probably be:

    But the curtain started being closed while he was singing the very last lyrics, "Help me make a music of the night".

    This line:

    I really wanted to listen to the last echo of his voice but I couldn't hear that because the audiences started clapping.

    Should probably be:

    I really wanted to listen to the last echo of his voice but I couldn't hear it because the audience started clapping.

    Note: audience is usually singular even when refering to multiple collections of people.

    This line:

    It was one of the direction, but I was really disappointed.

    Should I am assuming be:

    It was one of the directions, but I was really disappointed.

    This line:

    But other performers were extremely talented and attractive.

    Would sound better as:

    The other performers were also extremely talented and attractive.

    This line:

    Anyway everybody was so talented and performed extremely well that I was so impressed.

    Should probably be:

    Anyway everybody was so talented and performed extremely well, I was so impressed.

    This line:

    I can't write all my impression here.

    Should probably be:

    I can't write all my impressions here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Part 2:

    This line:

    When I watch a musical show, it is as if I were in completely different world.

    Should probably be:

    When I watch a musical show, it is as if I were in a completely different world.

    This line:

    Thanks to Prince of Broadway, I had a really great, memorable times.

    Could be rewritten as:

    Thanks to Prince of Broadway, I had a really great, memorable time.

    Note: Even though time is singular because you were at a single place it is including all memorable moments at that event.

    This line:

    On my way to my parents house, my husband and I enjoyed chatting the impressions of the show together.

    Should probably be:

    On my way to my parents house, my husband and I enjoyed chatting together about our impressions of the show.

    This line:

    We usually don't have much time to talk with, so it was really a good opportunity for us.

    Should probably be:

    We usually don't have much time to talk with each other, so it was really a good opportunity for us.

    This line:

    We were able to have a good time like a dream yesterday.

    Should probably be:

    We were able to have a good time, it was like a dream yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Terry.
    Thank you for your help again! I have a lot of mistakes! I need to be careful.

    >Question: not sure what raised the interval means in this case is it similar to raised the occasion?

    It is very difficult to explain(^^;.

    He sings the Phantom of the Opera changing a part of melody a little bit from its original.

    Original: ti mi ti re-do do ra re- ra ti-
    his : ti mi ti re-do do ra re- mi si-
    My power over you grows sronger yet
    He sings
    I hope you will be sure what I want to say...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I understand.

    He sang in a different tone/intonation//pitch/style? Would that be close?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for late reply.
      Yes. He always sings in a different melody at a part of the song.

      Delete