12/10/2015

Harry Potter

On our way home yesterday evening, I don't remember why, but my 6-year-old son and I were talking about Harry Potter movies.

I like the Harry Potter series.

I read all the books and watched all the movies.

I have thought that I would like my children to read Harry Potter someday, but I also have thought that it's not the time yet because especially my 5-year-old daughter would be scared of "you-know -who".

After dinner, I searched Harry Potter on YouTube, then I found the trailer of "Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone", so I showed it to my children.

"Wow! The drawings on the wall are moving! It looks fun! I want to watch it!"

My 6-year-old son was so excited to watch the trailer.

In fact, I wanted him to read the book first because he could imagine the scenes in the story before having an image finalized by the movie.

But since I also wanted to watch it after a long interval, we started watching the video.

To my surprise, they were totally absorbed in the story.

Whenever the characters used magic, they were so excited.

My daughter was scared of the three headed dog just a little.

I stopped the video in the middle because it was the time to take a bath.

My son got angey with me.

"Oh, I can't wait to watch the next part! Mom, please tell me what happens next!"

"No way! You should save the best for last!"

Harry's parents were murdered by Voldemort.

I am interested in my children's impression of the movie as a mother.



Thank you(^o^) for reading this article!
If you enjoy it, please click these buttons and vote me!
I will be encouraged by you.

にほんブログ村 英語ブログ 英語の日記(英語のみ)へ

3 comments:

  1. I read all the books and listened to them in audio book form, very good books. I wish there had been more books.

    Here is a list of some small issues I found:

    This line:
    On our way home yesterday evening, I didn't remember why, but my 6-year-old son and I were talking about Harry Potter movies.

    Should be:
    On our way home yesterday evening, I don't remember why, but my 6-year-old son and I were talking about Harry Potter movies.

    This line:
    I like Harry Potter series.

    Should probably be:
    I like the Harry Potter series.

    This line:
    I read all books and watched all movies.

    Should be:
    I read all the books and watched all the movies.

    This line:
    "Wow! The drawing on the wall are moving! It looks fun! I want to watch it!"

    Should be:
    "Wow! The drawings on the wall are moving! It looks fun! I want to watch it!"

    This line:
    In fact, I wanted him to read the book first because he could imagine the scenes in the story before having an image immobilized by the movie.

    Should be:
    In fact, I wanted him to read the book first because he could imagine the scenes in the story before having an image fixed/crystalized/set/finalized by the movie.

    This line - question do you mean Surprisingly or Unsurprisingly?:
    Surprisingly, they were totally absorbed in the story.

    This line:
    I stopped the video in the middle of it because it was the time to take a bath.

    Should be:
    I stopped the video in the middle because it was the time to take a bath.

    This line:
    "Oh, can't wait to watch the next! Mom, please tell me the next!"

    Should be:
    "Oh, I can't wait to watch the next part! Mom, please tell me the what happens next!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Terry.
    Thank you for your help!
    I corrected them.

    This line - question do you mean Surprisingly or Unsurprisingly?:
    Surprisingly, they were totally absorbed in the story.

    I guessed they might not be able to concentrate on watching the movie yet because the story was difficult for my children, especially my daughter.

    But they liked it very much.
    It was out of my expectation, so I was surprised at them.

    I tried to change the sentences:To my surprise, they were totally absorbed in the story.

    Is it better than before?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kumi-san:

      Excellent. Yes your rewritten sentence is very clear. :)

      Delete