12/19/2015

These songs took me back to my childhood

My 6-year-old son brought back the tool box which he uses at school last Friday because the winter vacation will start from Dec 23rd.

I opened the box to check whether there was something to take out or not yesterday's evening.

Then I found a song book in it.

I had a book like it when I was an elementary school student.

I opened the book.

I could see many good old songs.

"Wow! It takes me back to my childhood!"

I started singing.

Then my 5-year-old daughter also started singing.

"Do you know this song?"

I was surprised and asked her.

"Yeah, I learned it at the nursery school."

My 6-year-old son also started singing with us.

I sang a lot of songs.

There were some new songs which were not on my old song books, but all of them were very famous and popular and you might have heard if you were Japanese.

For example: "The only flower in the world" sung by SMAP, "Boyhood" sung by Yosui Inoue, "Stroll" from the famous movie "My neighbor Totoro"


Since I enjoyed singing very much, I continued singing for more than one hour before I noticed.

My children sometimes sang with me.

My husband was sleeping on the sofa near us, but he didn't wake up though we were singing in loud voices.

I wrote about his happening in yesterday's post, so you can find out why he didn't wake up in such a noisy situation!

After about one hour, my husband finally woke up.

It was already 9pm.

"Did you hear our songs?"

"No, not at all."

He seemed to be sleeping like a log.

"Look at this! You can see many songs which will bring back old memories."

We sang some songs together.

I haven't sung recently though I like singing.

Maybe  I’ve  had a lot on my plate and I haven't had a room in my mind.

I really enjoyed singing yesterday.

It might be important to stop working, studying, and doing housework and enjoy something else once in a while.



Thank you(^o^) for reading this article!
If you enjoy it, please click these buttons and vote me!
I will be encouraged by you.

にほんブログ村 英語ブログ 英語の日記(英語のみ)へ

3 comments:

  1. Hello Kumi-san,

    Fun article, I am not a singer though I do listen to podcasts and audiobooks while doing other things.

    Here is a list of the small issues found:

    This line:
    My 6-year-old son brought back the tool box which he uses from at school last Friday because the winter vacation will start from Dec 23th.

    Should be:
    My 6-year-old son brought back the tool box which he uses at school last Friday because the winter vacation will start from Dec 23rd.

    This line:
    I opened the box to check whether there was something to be out of or not yesterday's evening.

    Should be:
    I opened the box to check whether there was something to take out or not yesterday evening.

    This line:
    There were some new songs which were not on my old song books, but all of them were the songs which were very famous and popular and we might have heard if you are Japanese.

    Should be:
    There were some new songs which were not in my old song books, but all of them were very famous and popular and you might have heard if you were Japanese.

    This line:
    Since I enjoyed singing very much, I continued singing more than one hour when I noticed.

    Should be:
    Since I enjoyed singing very much, I continued singing for more than one hour before I noticed.

    This line:
    My husband was sleeping on the sofa near us, but he didn't wake up though we were singing in loud voice.

    Should be:
    My husband was sleeping on the sofa near us, but he didn't wake up though we were singing in loud voices.

    This line:
    I wrote about his happening in yesterday's post, so you can find out why he didn't wake up in such a noisy situation from it!

    Should be:
    I wrote about his happening in yesterday's post, so you can find out why he didn't wake up in such a noisy situation!

    This line:
    "Look at this! You can see many songs which bring you back old memories."

    Should be:
    "Look at this! You can see many songs which will bring back old memories."

    This line:
    I hardly sang recently though I like singing.

    Should be:
    I haven't sung recently though I like singing.

    This line:
    It might be important to stop working, studying, and doing housework and enjoy something once in a while.

    Should be:
    It might be important to stop working, studying, and doing housework and enjoy something (different/else) once in a while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Terry!
      I corrected them.
      When I read your correction, I am impressed with your advice like : Oh, I get it!

      Delete