12/07/2015

What do you want for Christmas?

I had a day off yesterday and my 6-year-old son came back from school earlier than usual.

We went to the nursery school to pick my 5-year-old daughter up at 2pm then went to the shopping mall.

We found a rare Christmas event there.

It was to write a message using a small square of paper to Santa Claus and  hang it on the Christmas tree.
It was like Tanabata!

(Tanabata is one of the Japanese traditional costoms. We write our wishes on colorful paper strips and hang them on bamboo leaves on the night of 7th July.)


My 6-year-old son wrote that he wants LaQ bonus sets.

(LaQ is a little block. I wrote about LaQ in my past post : http://a-o-j-m.blogspot.jp/2015/01/japanese-block-laq-is-excellent.html )

My 5-year-old daughter wrote that she wants a kickboard.

Unfortunately, I couldn't read her letter.



"If I can't read your letter, Santa-san also will not be able to read it, and he will not understand what you want."

"I did my best! I want a kickboard!"

They still believe in Santa Claus.

If I can't read her letter, she will not be able to receive the gift she hopes!


Thank you(^o^) for reading this article!
If you enjoy it, please click these buttons and vote me!
I will be encouraged by you.

にほんブログ村 英語ブログ 英語の日記(英語のみ)へ

2 comments:

  1. Another very good post Kumi-san, and the kickboard looks very fun. Similar to a skateboard and scooter. No serious issues found with writing style, only small things. Listed below:

    This line:
    We found a rare event in Christmas there.

    Should probably be:
    We found a rare Christmas event in there.

    This line:
    It was to write a message using a small square paper to Santa Claus and hang it on the Christmas tree.

    Is usually written as:
    It was to write a message using a small square of paper to Santa Claus and hang it on the Christmas tree.

    Reason: as far as I know what you wrote was not wrong, but for reasons I do not know we always seem to write it as small square of paper when we are going to do something with it rather than just describing the paper.

    This line:
    (Tanabata is one of the Japanese traditional event. We write our wishes on colorful paper strips and hang them on bamboo leaves on the night of 7th July.)

    Should be:
    (Tanabata is one of the Japanese traditional customs. We write our wishes on colorful paper strips and hang them on bamboo leaves on the night of 7th July.)

    Or:
    (Tanabata is a traditional Japanese custom. We write our wishes on colorful paper strips and hang them on bamboo leaves on the night of 7th July.)

    This line:
    "If I can't read your letter, Santa-san also will not be able to read and he will not understand what you want."

    Should probably be (and definitely is a work of parental genius to get your childs writing improved :) )
    "If I can't read your letter, Santa-san also will not be able to read it, and he will not understand what you want."

    This line:
    They still believe the existance of Santa Claus.

    Should probably be:
    They still believe in the existance of Santa Claus.

    Or (more often said in this shorter form when santa existing is implied.):
    They still believe in Santa Claus.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Terry!
      I've finished correcting them. I always appreciate you.

      Delete