12/04/2015

Where is my key?

I walk to my 5-year-old daughter's nursery school with her every morning.

After I came back home from the nursery school yesterday morning, I noticed that my car key wasn't  where it should be.

I always put it above the shoe box in the entrance hall.

I thought I might have left it in the pocket of my jacket, but I hadn't.

I thought my husband must have taken my key with his.

I called him, he had left home 20 minutes earlier than me.

Fortunately, he answered my call.

"Do you happen to have my car key?"

"What? Really? Wait a minute. I'll call you back."

He called me back soon after.

"You're right. I have yours."

"Oh my goodness!"

"You can use the spare key."

"But you washed my spare key with the laundry before, right? It doesn't work!"

My car key has an "advanced key less entry & start system" function.

I could open the car door only by pushing the small button on the door without taking the key out of my bag, and I can start the engine only by stepping on the brake and pushing the start button.

Since the spare key was broken, I knew the normal key which needed to be inserted and turned was inside the key cover, but I had no idea how to start an engine.

I could open the door of the car using the normal key which I took out from the cover.

I tried to look for the hole where I can insert the key, but there wasn't any.

"OK. I will bring your key right now. You will be late for work today!"

"Really? But I am going to try to find how to start the engine when the battery in the key is dead. I will call you back."

I hung up the phone and looked for how to start the engine in the manual.

After a while, I found it.

I needed to set the key in the cover and step on the brake, then push the start button.

After the green lamp on the start button starts blinking, press the button with the key in upright position.

"I did it!"

The engine started.

I called my husband in a hurry.

He had already left his office, so we met up halfway at the parking area of the convenience store to receive my key.

Of course I was late for my work.

The latest convenience feature can be a difficult function when it is broken.

For example, the car automatic operating system is unacceptable for me.

If its controlling system brakes, I don't want to guess what might happen.




Thank you(^o^) for reading this article!
If you enjoy it, please click these buttons and vote me!
I will be encouraged by you.

にほんブログ村 英語ブログ 英語の日記(英語のみ)へ

2 comments:

  1. I am generally a fan of modern technology but I agree that for things like cars and keys, the more traditional methods of opening and starting things feels more reliable to me also.

    Great article, sounds like it's time to get a working spare key :)

    I went though you article and did not find any major issues but only small thing:

    This line:

    I always put it above the shoe box at the entrance hall.

    Should probably be:

    I always put it above the shoe box in the entrance hall.

    This line:

    I thought I might have left it in the pocket of my jacket, but I didn't.

    Should probably be:

    I thought I might have left it in the pocket of my jacket, but I hadn't.

    This line:

    I called him who left home 20 minutes earlier than I.

    Should probably be:

    I called him, he had left home 20 minutes earlier than me.

    This line:

    "Really? But I am going to try to find how to start the engine when the battery of the key is dead. I will call you back."

    Should probably be:

    "Really? But I am going to try to find how to start the engine when the battery in the key is dead. I will call you back."

    This line:

    I hung up the phone and looked for how to start the engine on the manual.

    Should probably be:

    I hung up the phone and looked for how to start the engine in the manual.

    This line:

    After a while, I could find it.

    Should probably be:

    After a while, I found it.

    This line:

    After the green lamp on the start button start blinking, press the button with the key in upright position.

    Should probably be:

    After the green lamp on the start button starts blinking, press the button with the key in upright position.

    This line:

    He had already left his office, so we met up at the parking of the convenience store halfway to receive my key.

    Should probably be:

    He had already left his office, so we met up halfway at the parking (lot/area) of the convenience store to receive my key.

    This line:

    The latest and convenient function can be a difficult function when it is broken.

    Should probably be:

    The latest (convenience/timesaving) feature can be difficult when it is broken.

    This line:

    If its control system brakes, I don't want to guess what might happen.

    Should probably be:

    If it's (in control/controlling) system brakes, I don't want to guess what might happen.

    As always interesting post Kumi-san

    Terry Wallwork

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Terry.
      Thank you for your comment again.
      I have already correct them.

      Delete