12/26/2015

Major cleanup

Since we will leave for the in-law's house next Tuesday and I will work tomorrow, we had only 2 days for cleaning our house.

Since I took my 5-year-old daughter to her music school lesson yesterday morning, I thought we could start cleaning from the afternoon.

I made Yakishoba (fried noodles) for lunch and  finished it quickly and washed dishes.

But my husband turned on the TV and tried to watch "Star Wars" which had been recorded though our children were still eating.

I keenly know that they stop eating while watching TV.

"What on earth are you doing?

 We have only today and tomorrow for cleaning.

 If you watch this now, we will surely miss the best time for major cleanup.

 Don't you think that it would be a good idea to finish cleaning while it is sunny and warm?

Don't you want to do some year end clean up?

If we clean our house, It will be comfortable.

 I can't clean our house alone.

 I need your help!"

Since I got a little angry, they were surprised and turned off the TV.


I put away the Christmas tree and fan, then washed the bath.

My children joined in cleaning this year.

My 6-year-old son cleaned the balcony and my 5-year-old daughter wiped the wooden parts of the house, then they cleaned the fish tank for gold fish and wiped the chairs together.

I was surprised that they were willing to help us.

Maybe my son is used to cleaning because he needs to clean his school every day, and my daughter also knows that we need to clean our house at the end of the year because she joined in the major cleanup at the nursery school.

We will also clean our house today.

I want to welcome in a comfortable and pleasant New Year.



Thank you(^o^) for reading this article!
If you enjoy it, please click these buttons and vote me!
I will be encouraged by you.

にほんブログ村 英語ブログ 英語の日記(英語のみ)へ


2 comments:

  1. Hello Kumi-san,

    Sounds like you and your family were very busy getting everything cleaned.

    Children here are not expected to clean their classrooms but that I think is mainly because of worries about them getting hurt or taking too long.

    Here is a list of some of the small issues found:

    This line:
    Since I took my 5-year-old daughter to the music school lesson yesterday morning, I thought we could start cleaning from the afternoon.

    Should be:
    Since I took my 5-year-old daughter to her music school lesson yesterday morning, I thought we could start cleaning from the afternoon.

    This line:
    If you watch this now, we will surely miss the best time for major cleanup.

    Should be:
    If you watch this now, we will surely miss the best time for cleaning.

    This line:
    Why don't you think that let's finish cleaning while it is sunny and warm?

    Should be:
    Don't you think that it would be a good idea to finish cleaning while it is sunny and warm?

    This line:
    Don't you think you want to clean up our house at the end of the year?

    Should be:
    Don't you want to do some year end clean up

    This line:
    Since I got angry too much, they were surprised at me and turned off the TV.

    Should be:
    Since I got a little angry, they were surprised and turned off the TV.

    This line:
    My 6-year-old son cleaned the balcony and my 5-year-old daughter wiped the wooden parts of the house, then they cleaned the fish tank for golden fish and wiped the chairs together.

    Question: are golden fish the little orange colored fishes that look like this:

    http://www.goldfish-as-pets.com/types_of_goldfish.html

    If so then golden fish would be written as goldfish.

    This line:
    Maybe my son gets used to cleaning because he needs to clean his school every day, and my daughter also knows that we need to clean our house at the end of the year because she joined in the major cleanup at the nursery school.

    Should be:
    Maybe my son is used to cleaning because he needs to clean his school every day, and my daughter also knows that we need to clean our house at the end of the year because she joined in with the cleanup at the nursery school.

    This line:
    I want to welcome the comfortable and pleasant New Year.

    Should be:
    I want to welcome in a comfortable and pleasant New Year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Terry.
      Golden fish is too funny!
      I am sorry, it was just my mistake.
      I have already corrected it.
      Thank you so much!


      Delete