12/23/2015

Hasty Santa Claus

I asked my husband to place our children's Christmas presents under the Christmas tree on the night of Christmas Eve. They had been hidden in the closet two days ago.

He doesn't know about my hard efforts as Santa at all.

I obtained the information about what Christmas presents they want.

I searched and bought them on the internet.

I considered how to receive them without being noticed by my children.

I considered where to hide them and decided to hide them in the closet...

He was not concerned with these things at all.

All of this is for our children.

I don't want to shatter their dreams.

But I wanted him to make some effort to carry out Santa duties.

He comes home at midnight every day.

If he places their presents when he comes home, I don't have to get up at midnight.

But I was worried about him a little because he would make an unanticipated mistake.


My anxiety proved right.

When I came in the living room this morning, I found their presents under the tree.

Christmas is tomorrow!

I hid them again in hurry.

I couldn't stop laughing because my expectation had come true.

There is a Christmas song called "Hasty Santa Claus" in Japan.

In the lyrics, Santa comes before Christmas, ringing the bells.

I think he is just like the Santa in the song.

I hope that he will finish his duty tonight without mistakes!





Thank you(^o^) for reading this article!
If you enjoy it, please click these buttons and vote me!
I will be encouraged by you.

にほんブログ村 英語ブログ 英語の日記(英語のみ)へ


2 comments:

  1. Hello Kumi-san,

    It is good that you managed to fix the early Christmas Santa presents before your children found out. Hope it was a fun Christmas.

    Here's a list of some of the issues found in the article:

    This line:
    I asked my husband to place my children's Christmas presents which have been hidden in the closet at the night of Christmas Eve two days ago.

    Should be:
    I asked my husband to place (the/our) children's Christmas presents under the Christmas tree on the night of Christmas Eve. They had been hidden in the closet two days ago.

    This line:
    He doesn't know about my hard effort as Santa at all.

    Should be:
    He doesn't know about my hard efforts as Santa at all.

    This line:
    I obtained the information that what they want for Christmas presents from them.

    Should be:
    I obtained the information about what Christmas presents they want.

    This line:
    He was not concerned with these at all.

    Should be:
    He was not concerned with these things at all.

    This line:
    All of them are for our children.

    Should be:
    All of this is for our children.

    This line:
    I don't want to break their dreams.

    Should be:
    I don't want to shatter their dreams.

    This line:
    But I wanted him to experience the effort as Santa.

    Should be:
    But I wanted him to make some effort to carry out Santa duties.

    This line:
    But I was worried about him a bit because he would make an unanticipated mistake.

    Should be:
    But I was worried about him a little because he could make an unanticipated mistake.

    Reason: Changed would to could as he may or may not make a mistake. Would implies that he will make a mistake.

    This line:
    I think he is just like the Santa which is in the song.

    Should be:
    I think he is just like the Santa in the song.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really thank you for always giving me advice!
    Your explanation of the difference of "little" and "bit" was very clear and easy to understand.

    I made a same mistake in this sentence:
    I don't want to break their dreams.

    Before you taught me that this line should be:
    I don't want to shatter their dreams.

    I will surely remember it this time!

    ReplyDelete