12/24/2015

Too long holy night

My children and I went to bed at 9pm as usual last night.

As I wrote in my past post, my husband was going to place our children's Christmas presents under the Christmas tree in the living room.

But my 6-year-old son suddenly woke up around 0:30am and checked whether  his present was near his pillow.

Since my husband had not come home yet, he couldn't find his present.

"Santa-san has not come here yet. He might not come today."

He looked so worried and almost cried.

"Don't worry. Santa will surely come. Maybe he is very busy now tdistributing a lot of presents. Go to sleep."

He seemed not to be able to fall asleep easily.

After a while, my husband came home.

My son heard his dad opened the door, he said:

"Dad has come home. If Dad is awake, Santa-san can't come! I can't get a present this year!"

"It will be Okay! It is still 0:30am. The night is long, isn't it? Don't worry. Santa-san will come."

He started crying.

I was so surprised that he believes in Santa purely.

I got up and went to the living room to tell my husband:

"He is still awake and he says that Santa will not come if you are awake. Furthermore, he believes that Santa will place his present near his pillow. Maybe I should place his present near his pillow early in the morning."

I went back to our bedroom.

My son was still awake and said:

"Santa has not come yet because my sister tosses around in bed! Look! She is sleeping in such a strange form!"

He was completely excited.

"I told Dad to go to bed as soon as possible so that Santa will be able to come soon. No worries."

I patted his back kindly.

It took a long time for him to go to sleep.

When I found myself sleeping, it was 2:30pm.

My son was sleeping well.

Since my son might wake up again, I placed his present near his pillow.

Since my husband was still awake in the living room, I told him:

"Please go to bed now. If our son wakes up again and finds his present and he notices that you are still awake,  he will wonder how Santa came into our house!"


My 5-year-old daughter woke up at 4am and she wanted me to go to the washroom.

She said:

"Has Santa-san already come?"

In fact, my husband placed her present under the Christmas tree because it was too big to place near her pillow.

I was worried whether she might notice that her present was not near her pillow, while her brother's was.

But she went back to her bed and fell asleep soon.

I was relieved.

It was a long long night for me.

They are still sleeping now.

I hope they will be glad of their presents.




Thank you(^o^) for reading this article!
If you enjoy it, please click these buttons and vote me!
I will be encouraged by you.

にほんブログ村 英語ブログ 英語の日記(英語のみ)へ

2 comments:

  1. Hello Kumi-san,

    It sounds like you had a very eventful night to deal with. Still it sounds as if you were able to manage all the issues that arose.

    In England all the presents are generally either left under the Christmas tree or in Christmas stockings in the Living Room. I am not certain but I don't think I ever had presents placed on my pillow. But I have a bad memory for these things so I could be mistaken.

    Here are some of the issues I found while reading the article:

    This line:
    But my 6-year-old son suddenly woke up around 0:30 am and checked whether there was his present near his pillow.

    Should be:
    But my 6-year-old son suddenly woke up around 0:30(AM/am) and checked whether his present was near his pillow.

    This line:
    "Don't worry. Santa will surely come. Maybe he is very busy now to distribute a lot of presents. Go to sleep."

    Should be:
    "Don't worry. Santa will surely come. Maybe he is very busy now distributing a lot of presents. Go to sleep."

    This line:
    "It will be Okay! It is still 0:30. The night is long, isn't it? Don't worry. Santa-san will come."

    Should be:
    "It will be Okay! It is still 0:30(am/AM). The night is long, isn't it? Don't worry. Santa-san will come."

    This line:
    "He is still awake and he tells that Santa will not come if you are awake. Furthermore, he believes that Santa will place his present near his pillow. Maybe I should place his present near his pillow at the early morning."

    Should be:
    "He is still awake and he says that Santa will not come if you are awake. Furthermore, he believes that Santa will place his present near his pillow. Maybe I should place his present near his pillow early in the morning."

    This line:
    "Santa has not come yet because my sister tosses around in bed! Look! She is sleeping such a strange form!"

    Should be:
    "Santa has not come yet because my sister tosses around in bed! Look! She is sleeping in such a strange form!"

    This line:
    It took a long time to let him go to sleep.

    Should be:
    It took a long time for him to go to sleep.

    This line:
    "Has Sand already come?"

    Should be (assuming your daughter didn't actually say sand):
    "Has Santa already come?"

    This line:
    I was worried whether she might notice that there is not her present and there is only her son's present.

    Should be:
    I was worried whether she might notice that her present was not near her pillow, while her brother's was.

    This line:
    I hope they will be glad to their presents.

    Should be:
    I hope they will be glad of their presents.

    This line:
    My children and I went to bed as 9pm as usual last night.

    Should be:
    My children and I went to bed at 9pm as usual last night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Terry!
      There were a lot of mistakes..
      I am really grateful to you!

      Delete